Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Captain X

Who is John Galt?
Mesa Air Group is also pleased to announce the addition of Matt Hand to our System Operations Control group. Matt will be joining Mesa as Director-Crew Planning. Matt has spent the last eighteen years at Continental and Continental Express. He has held various positions in Flight Operations including Director of Crew Scheduling for Continental Express.
Jonathan Ornstein continued, "Having worked with Matt before at Continental Express we are pleased to add his expertise and leadership to our Crew Resource department. Matt successfully guided Continental Express through unprecedented growth. This is an important area of our operation and we look forward to Matt's proven contributions to our operations. We welcome Matt and this family to Mesa."

In return for the "help" you gave us in our ongoing contract negotiations we decided to let you have our former Director of Crew Scheduling. (I'm only playing so pull your panties out :D I know you guys had a bear of a time on your hands with CC and Freedom)

He will be an asset to your company. One of his most famous quotes while he was "contributing" to our company was: "I don't give a dam* about any REGULATIONS, I don't give a dam* about any CONTRACT, crew the g-dam*'d flight! Meat in the seat! You hear me?!?! Meat in the seat!"

Johnny O. is so happy because one of his former "pilot gang-bang" partners is rejoining him.....they're gonna have fun f!#$*@& you guys together.

You guys can have him. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Oh and xjt cc is any better now? I've heard horror stories of that place, Moral with scheduling is got to be the lowest in the company etc.

paid4training said:
Oh and xjt cc is any better now? I've heard horror stories of that place, Moral with scheduling is got to be the lowest in the company etc.
Actually, its not bad at all. Understaffed as our airline may be, both in pilots and competent schedulers (sometimes you have to offer a little assistance with reading FARs or Contract sections with them) but so far they take me off my last turn well in advance of me hitting any legalities without me having to call them, etc etc.

I am not sure what "stories" you are hearing, but I didn't fly 18 hours last month that I was pay protected for due to fuk-ups on scheduling's part.

When you are understaffed in the pilot department, schedulings job is not pretty. Especially when you have Houston (summer T-Storms) and Newark (its Newark) in your system.

Good luck with Mr. Hand......GOOOOOODDDDD LLLUUUUUCCCCKKKKK

What is "xjet cc" anyway????

I look at scheduling as a contractual issue not necessarily a scheduler issue....they are given a job with limited resources, it is their job to do their job correctly, it is our job to assure we dont get fuked in the arse, even though it shouldn't be....so far they have not even tried.

So yea, its much much better without "the Hand that Fuks You".

By the way, after 9/11... he was "furloughed" to the training dept to scheduling there, where he cant really do anything. Evidently, he was not liked by our pilots nor our senior management, who happened to "furlough" those in positions like his they didn't much care for.

Last edited:
Just tell him, "Yo, talk to the HAND...."

Bye Bye--General Lee

What goes around, comes around... Is there anyone we can send to CHQ?

Dewey Oxberger said:
What goes around, comes around... Is there anyone we can send to CHQ?
Cerrato, Clemons, Karen Miles =)
Nides, Ream, Semak....take your pick

I'm not entirely sure, but I think Captain X has made a comment that could land him/her in court if his/her identity were discovered.

Be careful, gang, before you pooh-pooh people by name on internet message boards. It could bite back in the end.

skootertrash said:
AHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAH

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving company or pilot group.

Company!? Yes. Pilot group!? No.

Don't knock those guys. They are just trying to get by too. If you want to blame somebody other than yourself for your life then blame people like J.O. and others like him...
Andy

Latest resources

Back