Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A friend of mine shot this formation flying video...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The only "worthy" album that 311 ever made was MUSIC. If you think you're a 311 fan but haven't heard that early album of theirs then you like a crappy band........Oh sorry we're talking about the formation video. Nothing seemed overly alarming in that video except for that one close bank that one plane does directly in front of the other. When planes bank steeply they pretty much ALL slow down rapidly because of the added drag. So yeah, I think is was a danerous maneuver and the pilots are lucky that the plane broke off to the right in time. Other than that, cool video. I LOVE Mooneys.

I am not going to pass judgement on this video. It looked like some harmless loose formation flying. If you watch the video closely it appears the Mooney is doing the manuevering while the Cessna is flying along straight. We don't know what kind of formation training either pilot has. It looked like a lot of fun to me.
Safety disclaimer: Don't try formation flying without prior training or you might end up DEAD

311 rocks..

navigator72 said:
Safety disclaimer: Don't try formation flying without prior training or you might end up DEAD

Just remember, these aren't bumper cars. A bump in flight is a REALLY bad thing.

PsubS said:
I have no problem with formation flight IF the pilots involved have adequate training and are willing to fly according to long-established rules.

In this case, welcome to stupid folks flying formation without a. training and/or b. flight discipline.

That pass in front of the camera aircraft from left to right was stupid-and there isn't any professional formation "team" or training that teaches otherwise.

You are 100% correct. No flight discipline at all. These guys are an accident waiting to happen.

In the second video I see a few FAR violations with tail numbers in the video. Real rocket scientists and very sloppy formation flying.

Low altitude over water and too far from a suitable place to land. Real bright!

foreverfo said:
And you people are probably the first to armchair QB a crash and have never done something in your lives that you think later on was a lil' dumb.

Hypocrites, get over it!

I think the difference would be that they didn't post their stupidity on the web and think they where cool for doing it!

Latest resources

Back