Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A friend of mine shot this formation flying video...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Another accident waiting to happen...

I have no problem with formation flight IF the pilots involved have adequate training and are willing to fly according to long-established rules.

In this case, welcome to stupid folks flying formation without a. training and/or b. flight discipline.

That pass in front of the camera aircraft from left to right was stupid-and there isn't any professional formation "team" or training that teaches otherwise.

PsubS said:
I have no problem with formation flight IF the pilots involved have adequate training and are willing to fly according to long-established rules.

In this case, welcome to stupid folks flying formation without a. training and/or b. flight discipline.

That pass in front of the camera aircraft from left to right was stupid-and there isn't any professional formation "team" or training that teaches otherwise.
Agreed

My formation training and experience is limited but the first thing I was taught was to always be staggered left to right and above below. Tip to tip is just asking for trouble. I hope whoever watches this doesnt go out and try it without some formal training.

au

Last edited:
aucfi said:
Agreed

My formation training and experience is limited but the first thing I was taught was to always be staggered left to right and above below. Tip to tip is just asking for trouble. I hope whoever watches this doesnt go out and try it without some formal training.

au

I second all that. Acceident just waiting to happen. And they used the wussiest 311 song ever written.

Stealthh21 said:
And they used the wussiest 311 song ever written.

Hey, I like that song.

Not sure about performing a "break" DIRECTLY in front of the other aircraft. That just seems a bit stupid. Also watching the flying pilot of the cessna doing the filming isn't the brightest idea either.

Oh what do I know????

And you people are probably the first to armchair QB a crash and have never done something in your lives that you think later on was a lil' dumb.

Hypocrites, get over it!

Latest resources

Back