• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A few NJI Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Um, just from an outsiders standpoint..... if you Union "A" guys think you and the union are in control, maybe the perception needs review. I know that Mr. Buffet and Mr.Santulli have more personal wealth indavidually than your union has funds to wage war with. Now lets consider how much capital the companies have.... You may win the war and loose the battle. Eastern did as many other companies who won the immediate and lost the long term position. Just something to consider. Sorry I couldn't add to the fight and call somebody a name or accuse them of sleeping with their cousin......

Hey Fly Low.........I dont live outside my means. so I can afford this stuff by saving money and BTW...The first officers over here didnt get a raise...."Your" union sucks and didnt do anything for the F/O's and personally I didnt care. Why didnt you bring up anything about what your union did for us about commuting? No ammo for that one.
Next time you spout off at the mouth you might want to know the facts!!!!

Happy EASTER.

I'm happy you don't live outside of your means. You've watched Suzie Orman! Good on you! You get a Gold Star!! :nuts:

FACTS! Let's talk about FACTS!! I have over 250+ pages of FACT that we Union guys refer to as a Collective Bargaining Agreement.

F/Os not getting a raise? Not true. That's on page 183 for most of our F/Os. FACT: F/O's no make more than I used to make as a NJA Captain prior to CBA 2005.

The commuting situation? There is none. Newhires are voting with their feet. 1/3 of newhires on property since ratification have voted with their feet and said SEEYA. Good choice considering the alternative. The company either had no answers or provided the wrong ones for many of these pilots. It's wrong to provide a does of reality to a newhire for the 1st time when meeting with the Union for the 1st time during Indoc in CMH.

Bottom line: NJA can add bases right now on their own with no bargaining if they desired. That fact is located on page 73 of the CBA. NJA just doesn't desire to open more because they value their percieved carrot for Bargaining Cycle 2010.

Enjoy the Gold Star.

Last edited:
The Unions have done wonders at the airlines.

Was it Unions or the marketplace economics changing post deregulation that had the greatest hand in shaping what we call airlines today?

The federal government comes through agin.

we fight like the Irish. Its mostly just yelling and punching to the gut...... But let an outsider (Flex, CS, FLOPS) try to throw a punch; and holy she-ite. We band together like white boys in prison.

But its good entertainment... dont ya think Old F*rt and Diesel?

Latest resources

Back