Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A Day in the Life of a MKE Skywest Pilot....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You think Skywest is the only airline w/ staff shortages??

We don't have a shortage anywhere except MKE. We are extremely thick with many reserves in every other base. They have reduced the line credit at most places down to 75 hours to help create more lines and have less reserve because we are so thick.

Here are some examples.

FAT - 12 reserves
SLC - 67 reserves
DEN - 52 reserves
TUS - 10 reserves
ORD - 78 reserves

MKE has 10 reserves but compare that to every other base were they have almost 1 reserve line to every 2 lines. TUS has 10 reserves like MKE but only have 22 lines. In MKE we have 45 lines. Another 5 or 10 guys in MKE would make a huge difference. Right now they have to keep TDY-ing people from DEN to cover our trip. Why not just open it up to let some transfer in. I guess I don't see the big picture.

Not planning on going there but thanks?

Kind of classless complaining about your working conditions in MKE considering how many people lost their livelihood when SkyWest took over there.

Dude I was sticking up for you. But, like I said before that was before I realized how ********************ed the place is. Looks like your another FI toolbag.

Request failed due to insufficient staffing
request failed due to insufficient staffing
request failed due to insufficient reserve staffing
request failed due to insufficient staffing in MKE
request denied due to insufficient staffing in MKE
Insufficient reserve staffing levels

We Strive To Be:
The Airline of Choice*
The Employer of Choice*
The Investment of Choice*

Our Guiding Principles:
Health and Safety First*
Excellent Service and Quality*
Personal and Operational Reliability*
Fairness and Consistency*
Respect and Teamwork*
Personal and Corporate Integrity*
Superior Profitability & Efficient Use of All Resources*

* Unless you are based in MKE then F@#$ it because we are mad at Midwest and going to take it out on you.

They paid too many people to transfer out and don't want to let anyone back in, because of the possibility of paying people twice. We are the only base so under staffed that as soon as bids come out we are below min reserve staffing EVERYDAY. We are so short on people that we are getting company need flying over the holidays. For the last few months it was hard to get lines over 75 hours. This month people have 90 to over 100 hours with CN flying. It's nice to see that Skywest can and will s!@# on employees just because of the base they are in. They are pissed at Midwest because they are not paying us and they believe Midwest gets what they pay for. I hope they understand how a lot of people in the base are feeling right now and how they will preform because of it. These unhappy employees will move throughout the company and start spreading negative attitudes. I now have a totally different view.

Anyone know what happened with the letter that the FA’s all signed and sent in?

I’m happy everyone in base is good about writing up each and every maintenance issue.
Also with the cold and flu season already here please make smart decisions when determining your fitness for flight. You’re not doing anyone a favor by coming in sick. I’m tired of flying with people coughing and blowing their nose in the cockpit. Do your fellow employees a favor and stay home when sick. I don’t want your sickness.

I am reserve based in MKE. All I can say is cry me a f*cking river.

Request failed due to insufficient staffing
request failed due to insufficient staffing in MKE
Insufficient reserve staffing levels

We Strive To Be:
The Airline of Choice*
The Employer of Choice*
The Investment of Choice*

Our Guiding Principles:
Health and Safety First*
Excellent Service and Quality*
Personal and Operational Reliability*
Fairness and Consistency*
Respect and Teamwork*
Personal and Corporate Integrity*
Superior Profitability & Efficient Use of All Resources*

* Unless you are based in MKE then F@#$ it because we are mad at Midwest and going to take it out on you.

They paid too many people to transfer out and don't want to let anyone back in, because of the possibility of paying people twice. We are the only base so under staffed that as soon as bids come out we are below min reserve staffing EVERYDAY. We are so short on people that we are getting company need flying over the holidays. For the last few months it was hard to get lines over 75 hours. This month people have 90 to over 100 hours with CN flying. It's nice to see that Skywest can and will s!@# on employees just because of the base they are in. They are pissed at Midwest because they are not paying us and they believe Midwest gets what they pay for. I hope they understand how a lot of people in the base are feeling right now and how they will preform because of it. These unhappy employees will move throughout the company and start spreading negative attitudes. I now have a totally different view.

Anyone know what happened with the letter that the FA’s all signed and sent in?

I’m happy everyone in base is good about writing up each and every maintenance issue.
Also with the cold and flu season already here please make smart decisions when determining your fitness for flight. You’re not doing anyone a favor by coming in sick. I’m tired of flying with people coughing and blowing their nose in the cockpit. Do your fellow employees a favor and stay home when sick. I don’t want your sickness.

Sounds like you may have some legitimate complaints but why make them on this forum? The SAPA forum would have been more appropriate and maybe one of the SAPA reps would have looked into the issue. It just sounds like whining when you make statements like that here. I have a hard time complaining about anything at Skywest right now when so many of my friends at other airlines are wondering how long it will be before they are recalled from being furloughed.

Good luck to you.

Dude I was sticking up for you. But, like I said before that was before I realized how ********************ed the place is. Looks like your another FI toolbag.

Pot meet kettle.

You contribute more crap here than most. Get over yourself Jr.!!!!!

Latest resources

Back