A Crisis That Tops Them All

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flopgut said:
The success of your airline is so unique that you can pretty much attribute it to one man, Herb.

Herb couldn't dissagree more.

Flopgut said:
Accept your stable and lucrative flying job with at least a shred of humility and excuse yourself from this sort of discussion.

So we should all shut up and color and let you ramble on? You have a post on almost every SWA related thread. Why don't you excuse yourself from those sorts of discussions? You never miss a chance to say something bad about SWA or a SWA related poster on this board. Then you say that you don't hate us. But you alternatly mock out culture and whine about its supposed decline.

canyonblue said:
And you wonder why I post these things? It's the still constant barrage of morons that still treat Southwest like a 3 airplane Texas outfit not worthy of your consideration. That is why my "Southwest and Cannot" barb hit me as funny. The same ones who think that just because we are currently a 737 domestic only operation, that we should be happy we made it that far. I wouldn't count out Gary Kelly as much as many on this board do. Same old time pilots who blame their problems on everyone but their own mismanaged company, no wonder you still let them go back to you for pay cuts. How about telling them to get the next amount of cash from their passengers, that would really be a far fetched idea. Quotes like "The International stuff should be a profit center for the legacy's. LCC's and Southwest cannot compete here" is unbelievable. I guess that the other Non-Legacy airlines should just be happy that you allow us to share the ramps with you. And my post is arrogant? Some of you should read what you post.

Look my post was not meant to be a slight on SWA. I was stating simple facts. I think it is a pretty safe bet that SWA is not going to fly to the Orient any time soon. So stop beating your chest. It is MY personal opinion that the day SWA commits to becoming an International airline is the day the party is over for them.

?

ivauir said:
Herb couldn't dissagree more.

So we should all shut up and color and let you ramble on? You have a post on almost every SWA related thread. Why don't you excuse yourself from those sorts of discussions? You never miss a chance to say something bad about SWA or a SWA related poster on this board. Then you say that you don't hate us. But you alternatly mock out culture and whine about its supposed decline.

This thread was not about SWA! It was about what is generally affecting legacy airlines more and carried over from the oil discussion. I have a point I would like to make but I have to endure some fopish-lolly SWA leprecaun come dancing into the thread figuratively "announcing" that he feels diminished because people didn't take an adequate portion of the thread and prostrate themselves to the mighty SWA! Your elietest coworker wants props for the theorhetical chance that SWA just might want to dominate the entire globe, and do it overnight. Ridiculous! In any given 4 hour period of the day my airline lands in more different countries than SWA lands at total cities! Do I think that is the be-all end-all? NO! But I do, in the very least, think that does mean I don't have to take any crap from the pilot of a discounter who flies one kind of plane and does not leave the country over his feeling snubbed by not being included in the discussion of international routes.

Flopgut said:
that does mean I don't have to take any crap from the pilot of a discounter who flies one kind of plane and does not leave the country over his feeling snubbed by not being included in the discussion of international routes.

Getting barbs fom one guy that joined Aug '05, and another that joined in May '05.:rolleyes: I was on this board way prior to 9/11, even before the current change that reset our join dates to Nov 2001, and this is pretty much the same attitude that you guys had then. Guess nothing changes.

{UPS FUEL SURCHARGE}
UPS has announced it will raise its fuel surcharge on air services
to 12.5% next month due to rising jet-fuel prices. The increase
begins October 3 and will apply to Next Day Air, 2nd Day Air,
3 Day Select and U.S. International air services. The surcharge
on UPS ground services, tied to diesel-fuel prices, remains at
3%. UPS Senior Vice President of Worldwide Sales and Marketing
Kurt Kuehn says, "We've done a good job of leveraging our integrated
network to obtain fuel savings and that's what enables us even
now to keep our air surcharge cap below our major competitors."

Now if the pax carriers would do something similar.

;) :confused: :eek: :rolleyes: .....

QUOTE:Flopgut"*******I think I have you guys figured out."

Whoops,

Looks like someone fell to sleep during the sensitivity training. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest resources

Back