• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A Change in Labor's AAtitude???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But,...are those the true feelings of the rank and file?? Just curious, because I don't see how these elected leaders could be elected on "take them to the cleaners" sentiment, and then be moderate in their stance with management. Therefore, there must be some change in attitudes amongst the pilots, right?

Have you ever talked to an American pilot? There is change alright, and it doesn't seem to be for the better. You can only beat something down for so long until it becomes suicidally angry, with super human strength and get right in your face.

And again the 777 CA is the president of the MEC, how does a 25 year 777 CA represent the needs or feelings of a junior MD-80 FO on reserve?

I never understood this line of thinking a plane is a plane, why should pay scales differ as a result of equipment type? If you have seniority based pay why for confuse the discussions with adding type to the pay mix.

It also underscores the difference of revenue versus profit. The only way the 777 makes $$$ is with a lot of RJ's feeding passengers to it. While a 777 may have a lot of revenue, guessing the WN 737 has a lot more profit.

Wow I think you missed your true calling. You are a natural for airline marketing and revenue management. I had no idea the only way to make money flying from NYC to London or Tokyo was by filling it with connectors brought in by RJ's. Genius! Better yet bring your knowledge to an airline like Cathay! Those morons don't even have RJ's for some odd reason...

Um. Management just got a 40% paycut from labor this decade and has kicked some arse in bankruptcy. They don't care about large pilot groups anymore, now that they can use bankruptcy as a weapon, hence all the mergers at the Majors and Regionals too.

Union workforces including auto are still licking their wounds. But hey go vote for the political party that hates labor, and we can take another 40% pay cut after the next terrorists attack, and not get a bailout like the banks did.

Last edited:
I never understood this line of thinking a plane is a plane, why should pay scales differ as a result of equipment type? If you have seniority based pay why for confuse the discussions with adding type to the pay mix.

It also underscores the difference of revenue versus profit. The only way the 777 makes $$$ is with a lot of RJ's feeding passengers to it. While a 777 may have a lot of revenue, guessing the WN 737 has a lot more profit.

This may blow your mind, but...

A 777 can also provide feed for an RJ. NRT-ORD-MSN for example.

Next time I see an AA 777 CA in the terminal I will make sure to thank him for bringing in some feed for our ORD-MSN route ;)

Latest resources

Back