• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A/C staffing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What's this? CS jumping in the middle of a NJ thread. How dare you?

Just kidding guys. Calm down. Thought it was funny, that's all.

LOL, We deserved that one. LOL!!!!! :laugh:

You know, that is the most rational and factual thing I think he's ever said.

My employer operates a fleet type that does some international flying, some of which is done with "heavy" crews. The staffing level is 6.4 pilots per aircraft. About sixty percent of the pilots are captains and forty percent are first officers.

That's industry average for most. If you need more than that, it's because there are limiting factors such as fleet mix/work rules, etc.
.........pilots having a life, family, safe scheduling, quality training, vacations, sick days, etc.

.........pilots having a life, family, safe scheduling, quality training, vacations, sick days, etc.

Agreed 100%. And all those little QOL extras above and beyond industry standard are extended to the entire pilot group which is about 1/3 larger than it needs to be.

That extra third takes money directly out of your pocket of the CBA.

Racing for the bottom

This speaks volumes as to what kind of person your are, and what kind of business or flight department you would (do) run.
Since when is quality training, sick time, vacation, and time off (you know days free of duty, not just days you don't have a charter planned) considered "little QOL extras"?
For me and most professionals I know these are not extras but requirements of a professional career.

Management wants slaves. I am thankful I don't work for you.
Maybe you should go into the farming business, we have a fair share of illegals out there your could deny those "little QOL extras" too.

I also agree 100%, we could work 24/7/365 and make a lot more, but why would I want to?

This speaks volumes as to what kind of person your are, and what kind of business or flight department you would (do) run.
Since when is quality training, sick time, vacation, and time off (you know days free of duty, not just days you don't have a charter planned) considered "little QOL extras"?
For me and most professionals I know these are not extras but requirements of a professional career.

Management wants slaves. I am thankful I don't work for you.
Maybe you should go into the farming business, we have a fair share of illegals out there your could deny those "little QOL extras" too.

I also agree 100%, we could work 24/7/365 and make a lot more, but why would I want to?

Never once have I stated that I wanted pilots to work for any less than what they deserve. What I object to is a wage that is disproportionate to the revenue of the company and a CBA that does not let the company run as a free market entity.

Don't mix and match my opinions about unions and a CBA with the opinion that I think any employee should be underpaid. A CBA cripples any company when the times get tough.

Latest resources

Back