A/C staffing

jpeace02

Total Time
Just curious if anybody knows what the staffing model of say a NetJets is. Like the airlines well some airlines staff 10 pilots an airplane 5 captains 5 fo's.

captain dad

Total Time
Free
About 6-7 pilots per A/C total.

Sparse

Total Time
+++++
CS is about 4.5 per aircraft.

theskyking

Total Time
>4000
What's this? CS jumping in the middle of a NJ thread. How dare you?

Just kidding guys. Calm down. Thought it was funny, that's all.

paulsalem

Total Time
I heard the XLS+ is gong to be an all captain fleet for a month.

Is that true? If so why does it work that way?

Thanks.

imacdog

Total Time
I heard the XLS+ is gong to be an all captain fleet for a month.

Is that true? If so why does it work that way?

Thanks.
New fleets are like that; it allows easier crew pairing within a very small fleet and allows captains to get experienced in the aircraft before introducing FOs to the fleet.

o2bflyn

Total Time
>40
New fleets are like that; it allows easier crew pairing within a very small fleet and allows captains to get experienced in the aircraft before introducing FOs to the fleet.
plus, the quicker you get the PIC to 100 hours in type the sooner you get a crew off high minns.

imacdog

Total Time
True dat. Playa.

B19 Flyer

Total Time
CS is about 4.5 per aircraft.
That's industry average for most. If you need more than that, it's because there are limiting factors such as fleet mix/work rules, etc.

SKYLAWYER

Saving Pilot Certificates
Total Time
What's this? CS jumping in the middle of a NJ thread. How dare you?

Just kidding guys. Calm down. Thought it was funny, that's all.
LOL, We deserved that one. LOL!!!!! :laugh:

captain dad

Total Time
Free
You know, that is the most rational and factual thing I think he's ever said.

doh

Jump seat shrink
Total Time
48 yrs
Enjoy it while it lasts.:beer:

paulsalem

Total Time
Thanks.

Waldom

Fifteen blades!
Total Time
My employer operates a fleet type that does some international flying, some of which is done with "heavy" crews. The staffing level is 6.4 pilots per aircraft. About sixty percent of the pilots are captains and forty percent are first officers.

Fozzy

Total Time
That's industry average for most. If you need more than that, it's because there are limiting factors such as fleet mix/work rules, etc.
.........pilots having a life, family, safe scheduling, quality training, vacations, sick days, etc.

B19 Flyer

Total Time
.........pilots having a life, family, safe scheduling, quality training, vacations, sick days, etc.
Agreed 100%. And all those little QOL extras above and beyond industry standard are extended to the entire pilot group which is about 1/3 larger than it needs to be.

That extra third takes money directly out of your pocket of the CBA.

Fozzy

Total Time
Racing for the bottom

This speaks volumes as to what kind of person your are, and what kind of business or flight department you would (do) run.
Since when is quality training, sick time, vacation, and time off (you know days free of duty, not just days you don't have a charter planned) considered "little QOL extras"?
For me and most professionals I know these are not extras but requirements of a professional career.

Management wants slaves. I am thankful I don't work for you.
Maybe you should go into the farming business, we have a fair share of illegals out there your could deny those "little QOL extras" too.

I also agree 100%, we could work 24/7/365 and make a lot more, but why would I want to?

Flex-ible

JAFO
Total Time
40+
To get back to the point of the original question....

Flex is about 5 per plane: 3 CA 2 FO's.

Your results may vary.

B19 Flyer

Total Time
This speaks volumes as to what kind of person your are, and what kind of business or flight department you would (do) run.
Since when is quality training, sick time, vacation, and time off (you know days free of duty, not just days you don't have a charter planned) considered "little QOL extras"?
For me and most professionals I know these are not extras but requirements of a professional career.

Management wants slaves. I am thankful I don't work for you.
Maybe you should go into the farming business, we have a fair share of illegals out there your could deny those "little QOL extras" too.

I also agree 100%, we could work 24/7/365 and make a lot more, but why would I want to?
Never once have I stated that I wanted pilots to work for any less than what they deserve. What I object to is a wage that is disproportionate to the revenue of the company and a CBA that does not let the company run as a free market entity.

Don't mix and match my opinions about unions and a CBA with the opinion that I think any employee should be underpaid. A CBA cripples any company when the times get tough.