• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

9E needs contract for 195's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was wondering when the first carrot was going to be leaked. Don't buy into this one so close to the 14th. No way 9e ever gets a 190 either, they are all crj so if they ever did get something bigger it would be the crj 1000 of which there are 15 undisclosed orders by a us customer.

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot] Yea, I’ve been hearing lots of rumors lately in regards to Alaska and new larger aircraft at 9E. The stock is up about 20 percent this week and I still don’t have a freaking contract. [/FONT]

Exactly, he made a stupid statement.
No I didn't make a stupid statement. Who cares about the differences between the two?! The bottom line is that Air Canada pilots have drawn a line, and the EMBs stop with them. Meanwhile here in the US, we had NWA guys forming Compass and giving over E170s. US Airways has given tons of flying away to Republic, the largest E-Jet operator in the world. Luckily so far, the E190s are at US Airways mainline.

that makes no sense - why is a 90 seat CRJ a regional aircraft and a 90 seat ERJ a mainline aircraft?

Clarifying: Air Canada Jazz operates the 200 and 700, 200 has 50 seats and the 700 has 75 seats. The Air Canada pilots fly the EMB 170 that has 73 seats and EMB 190 that has 93 seats. Why are you bickering over minute details. The bottom line is that the Canadian pilots have the collective balls to draw the line somewhere! Whereas here, mainline pilots have given scope away to regionals to operate RJs, and RJ pilots have orgasms over getting more bigger EMBs at their regionals.

Higney, nice work on them numbers bro!

[FONT=&quot]It’s mostly just rumor passed on from folks who think they are in the know. I don’t have any knowledge of visitors being on the property but it does add up with what I’ve heard.[/FONT]

No I didn't make a stupid statement. Who cares about the differences between the two?! The bottom line is that Air Canada pilots have drawn a line, and the EMBs stop with them. Meanwhile here in the US, we had NWA guys forming Compass and giving over E170s. US Airways has given tons of flying away to Republic, the largest E-Jet operator in the world. Luckily so far, the E190s are at US Airways mainline.

Of which US Airways leases from Republic.

Of which US Airways leases from Republic.

the only 190s usair was leasing from republic were the ones RAH purchased from them and are all now in midwest or frontier paint. it was a stop gap to allow usair to continue to use the airframes until rah had enough crews trained to operate them. In short, none of the e190s that are owned by rah are being leased to usair any more.

Latest resources

Back