• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

9E attrition

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are correct on I don't get to dictate votes. But the No voters are not using good business logic like I explained in my previous post. Some one please explain on how a No vote is not an emotional vote. Many people not just pilots will lose there jobs and all the pilots will lose there jobs and all the money that's on the table. The No voters just don't want to hear that they are voting on pure emotion. These pilots I would bet are the same people that would fly a broken airplane on the last leg of a 4 day just to get home. They can't put there emotions in front of logic.

To me, the survival of Pinnacle or the conitinued employment of any of its workers is not relevant to my decision. I'm voting on what's best for the profession that I have decades left in. My vote is a resounding NO. A yes vote only proves that pilots hold no self worth and that management can win round after round of concessions just by putting a gun to their pilots' heads.

Delta will not be hiring for several years. United, USAIR/American, and a few other will be hiring by summer if not sooner.

Delta will not be hiring for several years. United, USAIR/American, and a few other will be hiring by summer if not sooner.

And how can you be so sure? If the merger between American and US airways happens they may not hire for a while either

To me, the survival of Pinnacle or the conitinued employment of any of its workers is not relevant to my decision. I'm voting on what's best for the profession that I have decades left in. My vote is a resounding NO. A yes vote only proves that pilots hold no self worth and that management can win round after round of concessions just by putting a gun to their pilots' heads.

I don't know if voting this TA down will save this profession. There is no unity. The only way to save this profession would be if everyone would take a stand together. Until then we are just one fish in the pond. Delta will find a way, and there will always be another Go Jets

I don't know if voting this TA down will save this profession. There is no unity. The only way to save this profession would be if everyone would take a stand together. Until then we are just one fish in the pond. Delta will find a way, and there will always be another Go Jets

Well, it has to start somewhere. GoJet is about to enter contract negotiations I believe. It'll be harder for them to raise the floor if 9E has matched them for 7+ years.

Lets let it start with you then. You guys expect us to raise the bar while you take Comairs flying and potentially ours.

Lets let it start with you then. You guys expect us to raise the bar while you take Comairs flying and potentially ours.

Our bar is about as high as it can go without some help. I don't expect you to raise it but I'd prefer it if you guys would not drop it to the floor for 7+ years voluntarily. If a judge enforces it at least there'll be a path back to reasonable pay. I'm not in your shoes but if I was willing to work for that pay I'd have gone to GoJet in the beginning and I'd be much further along in my career. If that TA comes to XJT you can be sure I'll vote no and change employer/career. The line has to be drawn somewhere.

You would vote it down? The key word here is would, you are not in our situation. We have about 1200-1400 captains right now that all should vote this down on the verge a hiring cycle we have been waiting on for 10 years? Then we can start over and go to another regional or wait for a legacy while losing currency. You are telling our First Officers that will lose $5000 and furlough/health/pass benefits to vote it down to protect your regional jobs? Regionals are not careers, they are stepping stones that most of us have got stuck at because of circumstances starting with 911. You need to realize that with the demise of Comair you should not worry about others contract but about getting out of your regional before the gun is to your head. Don't you guys have around 100 RJs that also have a bulls eye on them?

If we vote this down and the 900's go to Gojets what will have been accomplished? Now there will be even more pressure on your wages. Our TA is still far superior to Gojets and Compass. Most 900 captains will still make $80000-$90000/year, get 3-4 weeks of vacation, have a min day of 4 hours, 11 days off min, junior man refusal rights, leg by leg protection, 50% 401K matching, affordable health care, etc. Most will get from $6000-$26000 as part of the bridge agreement which eases the pain some.

Gojets has 1-2 weeks of vacation, no rigs, min day, or cancellation pay. 10 days off for reserves, 1% 401k match. I don't even want to know what our decent $380/month family health care plan costs there. Wouldn't you rather have ASA comparing your next contract to our TA than Gojets? Delta has figured out what they are willing to pay for feed and they will get it at that number from us or someone else. There is going to be huge pressure on the regionals that is just starting and you either accept that and stay or you do what most of us are trying to do, which is get out.

Latest resources

Back