• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

96% of TSA pilots vote YES to strike

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Great, another 90%+ strike vote. Means nothing.

ALPA hasn't had that kind of balls since 1985.
I dont even know why they bother wasting the time to vote.
it just gets the pilots riled up for about a week, and then pissed with they never get released to strike.

1) 96% is a huge number. The top 10% or so at TSA are lifers, and are understandably worried that this could be the end of the line.

2) "less than 100" voters? I'm not sure where you got that number from, but maybe you've forgotten how many pilots we've lost recently. 100 voters should be a ridiculous number... not anymore. That's one reason this contract is so important. I'm not sure how important voter turnout is, but I'm not worried. They're not going to break a strike at TSA.

3) I guarantee we will be on strike in less than six months including the cool off period if TSA doesn't step up (and let's face it, they probably won't)

Last edited:
Strike!!!

I'd like to see a group of pilots finally stand up for themselves and strike. I know that'll not happen in today's economic climate and your management team knows it too.

It sure would be a super kick in the gut to them if you guys did.

Good Luck!!!

I'd like to see a group of pilots finally stand up for themselves and strike. I know that'll not happen in today's economic climate and your management team knows it too.

It sure would be a super kick in the gut to them if you guys did.

Good Luck!!!

HHHHMMMMMM????

Comair comes to mind....

Great, another 90%+ strike vote. Means nothing.

ALPA hasn't had that kind of balls since 1985.

HHHHHMMMMM????

Comair maybe??

All the balls are at the regional level. And Lord knows the Delta pilots have treated Comair so well for standing up....yeah...

I know that'll not happen in today's economic climate and your management team knows it too.

I hope mgmnt doesn't think this way, b/c we are going to strike. Also, these financial times are not that hard for TSA. They're making more money per pilot then they were 5 years ago (at TSA that is, maybe not at TSAH).

I bet less than 100 guys voted.
As far as the 96%, you'd think how bad they complain about management, it would be 100%. It sounds like 4% probably have faith in management over ALPA.

Over 100 guys have voted. The lowest rumor of eligible voters that voted would result in well over 100 guys voting and that rumor was with about 1 more week left in voting time. People have to remember that TSA has less than HALF of the number of pilots than it did about 4 years ago before the 41's went away. So even if only 100 voted it would still be a significant chunk of the pilot population.

Good on you guys!!! I believe Hulas still needs revenue produced by TSA to keep GJ running smoothly. This is where you'll find your leverage.

Time is short however. Once GJ can finance TSAH by itself, it's game over I'm afraid. Hulas would rather shut down TSA than give in to the pilots. I say, strike while you still have something to strike. All he cares about is the bottom line. The bottom line may still be, that he continues to need the money and collateral you guys produce.

I'll be more than happy to contribute to a fund when you guys start one.

Been there. Got the tee shirt. Any improvements to your contract brought on by a strike will be lost to the bottom feeding pilot groups, that will eventually take over your flying.

Latest resources

Back