90s diverted to Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Last edited:
I have a feeling that Tom was speaking extemporaneously, without the authorization or knowledge of the rest of the MEC. In fact, it even says "A message from VC Tom Zerbarini". So this is not "ALPA policy", it is the opinion of a non-voting member of the MEC.

Your attempts to embarass our hard working VOLUNTEER reps are getting pathetic.

More ALPA double-talk. He is the MEC Vice Chairman and this was an official ALPA communication. If ALPA didn't want to say it, it wouldn't have been printed. ALPA has once again changed it's tune. They now admit that the 900s were diverted. They now admit that 700s are being transferred. Don't worry, they say they are waiting for word from Duane on what to do. Oh boy I feel better now.

Why would we be scabs? We are NOT ALPA, and our company has some routes for us to fly. If we dont we GET fired!! Its not our problem at all ALPA let you guys down. Hey ALPA sucks big time, they USED to represent me, and never did anything for me. ALPA is not an airline pilot union, they are a MAJOR airline pilot union, and a business at that. Duane makes over half a mill a year. We bought ASA, ASA strikes we fly it, yea it sucks and all, but thats life. Talk to your reps...

Why would we be scabs? We are NOT ALPA, and our company has some routes for us to fly. If we dont we GET fired!! Its not our problem at all ALPA let you guys down. Hey ALPA sucks big time, they USED to represent me, and never did anything for me. ALPA is not an airline pilot union, they are a MAJOR airline pilot union, and a business at that. Duane makes over half a mill a year. We bought ASA, ASA strikes we fly it, yea it sucks and all, but thats life. Talk to your reps...

Wow. I'm speechless. Keep telling yourself that and everything will be fine.

Yes, you would be a scab. If it's struck work, it's struck work. Anyone who works struck work is a strikebreaker, hence a scab. Glad to see your all in for breaking another pilot group.

More ALPA double-talk. He is the MEC Vice Chairman and this was an official ALPA communication. If ALPA didn't want to say it, it wouldn't have been printed. ALPA has once again changed it's tune.

You bitch and moan when you think that ALPA changes what it says, does it bother youwhen the company does the same? Remember Skippy saying that he wanted us to be the best paid pilots in the industry? Then it went to "no net gain." Then it was concessions. Now it seems to be current book. That's 4 major changes from the company, but that's just fine with you, huh?

ALPA is going to change according to what the membership wants. They find out from their polling data and speaking face to face to the membership. Management is going to change according to what will pad their pockets the most. That right there tells me who to trust.

Last edited:
Yes, you would be a scab. If it's struck work, it's struck work. Anyone who works struck work is a strikebreaker, hence a scab. Glad to see your all in for breaking another pilot group.
I agree, but Terrain raises a major dilhemma for SkyWest pilots if ASA strikes - fly this route or you're fired.... hopefully, it never goes that far.

If pilots do get fired, this will not hold up in court. The Railway Labor Act should also protect them from this.

But this is the whole reason SkyWest is hiring at the rate they are.... To break a strike by ASA. They don't have the planes nor are there any plans for the number of planes they are hiring pilots for.

More ALPA double-talk. He is the MEC Vice Chairman and this was an official ALPA communication. If ALPA didn't want to say it, it wouldn't have been printed. ALPA has once again changed it's tune. They now admit that the 900s were diverted. They now admit that 700s are being transferred. Don't worry, they say they are waiting for word from Duane on what to do. Oh boy I feel better now.

Double talk?!!! What part of "unauthorized communication" confused you? I did talk to my rep, and he knew nothing about Tom's letter before he read it in the email. No, that was clearly marked as an op-ed piece, and not official MEC policy.

That said, I'm not surprised that you had to pick one phrase out of it to contort to your typical union slam. I bet you had to read it two or three times too.

How about your management buddies changing lying all the time? We went from "We want you to be the best paid" to "Zero Net Gain" to "We have to reduce our costs to fit into the cost box"? How about that management double talk? But I guess that's ok, because if you're management, all sins are forgiven. Screw ther workers, let's make some $$$!!!

Latest resources

Back