• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

90s diverted to Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So let's say you refuse to take the jumpseat. Can they fire you for that? I'll bet they can and do. And if they don't fire you for that incident, that day, they'll be watching you and get you for something else later. Or gig you in your next checkride.

This crap DOES happen at Skywest. That's your disadvantage for not having a union. You are not protected from management pinheads who don't understand what life is like for crews and expect you to be a "company man", sacrificing yourself for the company at all times. No thanks.

It DOES? Now, I am relatively new to this company, after coming from an ALPA carrier myself. I would like the name of ONE person who has been fired for this. Or even for that fact, ONE name of a pilot who has been fired for a "little thing". Please, change my mind. Im not diehard for or against a union.

My point is, dont go shooting your mouth off if you have NO evidence to back it up. Now, if you do, its my bad, and I humbly stand corrected. Its things like this that lead to all the bad information floating around about both companies.

I agree, but Terrain raises a major dilhemma for SkyWest pilots if ASA strikes - fly this route or you're fired.... hopefully, it never goes that far.

If they have anything resembling a union protecting their interests no problem. During the CMR strike dozens of Delta pilots refused flights that were deemed to be struck work because it was an increase in gauge or frequency on a CMR city pair and violated the agreed upon definition of struck work between the CMR MEC and DAL MEC. No Delta pilots were fired. If on the other hand they fly struck work, union or no union, they're scabs. I'm sure that the Skywest pilot association, or whatever they have, will prevent anyone from being fired if they refuse to cross a picketline.

Why would we be scabs? We are NOT ALPA, and our company has some routes for us to fly. If we dont we GET fired!! Its not our problem at all ALPA let you guys down. Hey ALPA sucks big time, they USED to represent me, and never did anything for me. ALPA is not an airline pilot union, they are a MAJOR airline pilot union, and a business at that. Duane makes over half a mill a year. We bought ASA, ASA strikes we fly it, yea it sucks and all, but thats life. Talk to your reps...

I personally dare you to undermine a Union effort and see where it gets you. The sad thing is, if one of your pilots crossed the picket line, the whole group will be labeled. (A good group of people in my opinion) I wouldn't be surprised to see Union Carriers deny you jumpseat priveleges, etc. Be an advocate of breaking our Union and you will see how far it gets you in this industry. I dare you.

Trojan

You bitch and moan when you think that ALPA changes what it says, does it bother youwhen the company does the same? Remember Skippy saying that he wanted us to be the best paid pilots in the industry? Then it went to "no net gain." Then it was concessions. Now it seems to be current book. That's 4 major changes from the company, but that's just fine with you, huh?

ALPA is going to change according to what the membership wants. They find out from their polling data and speaking face to face to the membership. Management is going to change according to what will pad their pockets the most. That right there tells me who to trust.

I'm paying ALPA to represent me, not lie to me. Until this email from ALPA, every ALPA rep. I talked to said the 90s were never coming here. Now they say they are being diverted to Skywest. Were they lieing or did they learn something new? Why has ALPA changed their story on the 900s? This is just one of many lies from ALPA. They also told me Skywest wouldn't transfer 700s. That was a lie also. Yes management lies, but they don't represent me. ALPA lies also, and I'm not paying them to lie to me.

Double talk?!!! What part of "unauthorized communication" confused you? I did talk to my rep, and he knew nothing about Tom's letter before he read it in the email. No, that was clearly marked as an op-ed piece, and not official MEC policy.

That said, I'm not surprised that you had to pick one phrase out of it to contort to your typical union slam. I bet you had to read it two or three times too.

How about your management buddies changing lying all the time? We went from "We want you to be the best paid" to "Zero Net Gain" to "We have to reduce our costs to fit into the cost box"? How about that management double talk? But I guess that's ok, because if you're management, all sins are forgiven. Screw ther workers, let's make some $$$!!!

So are you saying that the MEC Vice-Chairman isn't in agree with the rest of the reps? Are the MEC not in agreement on what management is doing? I happen to agree with the MEC Vice-Chairman in that I do believe the 900s were diverted. If he is admitting what many of us have thought, then good for him. If the rest of the MEC doesn't agree with Tom, then maybe they need a reality check.

So let's say you refuse to take the jumpseat. Can they fire you for that? I'll bet they can and do. And if they don't fire you for that incident, that day, they'll be watching you and get you for something else later. Or gig you in your next checkride.

This crap DOES happen at Skywest. That's your disadvantage for not having a union. You are not protected from management pinheads who don't understand what life is like for crews and expect you to be a "company man", sacrificing yourself for the company at all times. No thanks.

I've been at SkyWest well over 15 years and I've never heard of it. In that time there has only been one time that someone, in my opinion, got wongly terminated (fortunetly his day in court will come soon I hear). On the other hand I have seen the company go to extreme measures to help out a pilot in trouble for a variety of situations. But from what I've seen over the years if you have a crappy attitude (like yours penniskramp), get in trouble, and then lie about it, then you're in for some type of punishment. If you're a glass is half full, usually, type of guy and then get in trouble and admitt what happened, more often than not nothing will come of it.

CFIT,

I ask around a lot, and I hear the same things about the company going to bat for folks.

I personally dare you to undermine a Union effort and see where it gets you. The sad thing is, if one of your pilots crossed the picket line, the whole group will be labeled. (A good group of people in my opinion) I wouldn't be surprised to see Union Carriers deny you jumpseat priveleges, etc. Be an advocate of breaking our Union and you will see how far it gets you in this industry. I dare you.

Trojan
union thuggery raises its ugly head again..."join us or we'll kill ya'"

Why would we be scabs? We are NOT ALPA, and our company has some routes for us to fly. If we dont we GET fired!! Its not our problem at all ALPA let you guys down. Hey ALPA sucks big time, they USED to represent me, and never did anything for me. ALPA is not an airline pilot union, they are a MAJOR airline pilot union, and a business at that. Duane makes over half a mill a year. We bought ASA, ASA strikes we fly it, yea it sucks and all, but thats life. Talk to your reps...

:rolleyes:Another embar@ssment from the skywst pilot group. And some of you guys wonder why all other carriers HATE YOU!! Fortunately this is the thinking of only 15% of your pilot group! (I HOPE!)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back