• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

90s diverted to Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Stifler, I already proved with factual numbers that SkyWest is more profitable than ASA. Look up a few posts.

I hadn't seen those numbers yet. If you could give me a link top those numbers, I'd thank you. The last article I saw still had ASA with a higher margin but this does change quarter to quarter.

But using the older number with ASA netting $43M and SW netting $44M, ASA was a much stronger contender. If divide these numbers by the total number of planes each has, ASA makes over $100K per plane per year than does SkyWest.

All I am pointing out is that JA is not immune to pressure from stockholders. If ASA accepts a contract that keeps the costs lower than SW, you guys will more than likely be next to feel the whipsaw except there will be nothing ASA can do to back you guys.

I got this of the skywestonline.com website. You have to be an employee to access it, though. So I can't provide you with a link. I can however provide you with a screenshot of it.

Last edited:
Right JJ,
I am blind and you have completely enlightened me, all these years and I can now see how I need ALPA to save me from the evils of SkyWest. The track record of what ALPA has done at ASA is more than enough to show just how better it could be. Because afterall, you have quickly resolved grevs, a contract and everybody there stands behind in support of ALPA. Not to mention those truly "blind" pilots that have come to Skywest from ASA and appear very happy, that too will only get better if we vote in ALPA.

I know ALPA isn't the best thing out there, hell ALPA let a whole bunch of scabs back in at my current airline. The union at ASA is a good one and it all comes down to how good your MEC is, not just ALPA Nat'l. Ever notice that your "student council" gets you pay rates and work rules that were already fought for by union carriers? Your employee handbook is a "hodge-podge" contracts from a multitude of carriers that has no backing from the RLA. As far as resolving grievances, it takes 2 to tango. ASA management is in-ept at best and just violates the contract at a whim knowing that "W" and his appointees will take thier sweet ass time with it. Just about every grievance I worked on at ASA got pushed down the road to mediation because of scumbags like Chuck Thibideau (ex. TWA) and Terry Hayes (ex. TWA) who love nothing more than to $hit on pilots.

As to the folks who are anti-ALPA at ASA. You would be referring to the RJDC crowd. That group is mostly made up of mal-contents who are sideways about the fact that they didn't get a seniority number at mainline Delta when Delta purchased ASA. They pawn themselves off as the "true voice" of the regional pilot and get people to contribute to their meritless claims. So if you want to follow along with them, be my guest, you have simply confirmed my suspicions that you haven't a clue!

And my name ain't JJ! :)

Latest resources

Back