• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

90 Seat Turbo Prop/UAL/CAL scope buster

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You know, if it were contractually structured that mainline pilots would get to approve/veto the regional feed's contracts (any carrier wearing the same paint as the mainline) you might just raise the bar. Don't want the mainline pilots to have a say? Wear your own paint.

But no one would have the balls to do it...and airline managements would fight it tooth and nail.

Now that is hilarious! You think main line guys give a chit about regional pay? Wow! They would vote for worse pay and work rules so mainline would be more profitable. This would allow them to ask for more pay. They would not help anyone else just like they are currently doing. I doubt you would “help” someone that works for a totally different company than you do. I sure would not want someone that does not have a share of the pain involved with my companies negotiation process.

Actually, those of us not suffering from a severe case of rectal-cranial inversion DO want vastly improved contracts at the regionals. The better regional pilots are compensated, the less cost effective it is to outsource our flying! At least at CAL the over 1/3 of us who come from COEX/XJT want nothing but the best for our former brothers and sisters, especially after the cornholing they've received by Kellner and Co. courtesy of CHQ and Colgan. Hopefully we're not the only mainline group that still remembers where we came from.

Elephant in the room...

One list at each airline that sells tickets. No contract carriers, no express, no connection, no Eagle. Buy a ticket on DAL, fly on DAL airplanes maintained by DAL mechanics with DAL flight attendants flown by DAL pilots.

Please insert your own airline code for the one I chose. AA, CAL, USA, etc.

Until then, pilots will lose.

Well, CALALPA and UALALPA are changing their tone. ALPA National has been a dismal failure in the world of scope. It is going to take local MECs to carry the load in the future.

It was local MECs that were the dismal failures in allowing the outsourcing in the first place, not "ALPA National." National doesn't make decisions for local MECs. When DALPA outsourced RJs, it wasn't because Randy Babbitt told them to; it was because the DAL MEC decided that it wasn't important.

Time for everyone to take responsibility for the failures rather than trying to blame the nebulous "ALPA National." It's always easier to blame some faceless entity, but it doesn't jive with reality.

I think you've identified what ALPA National is most afraid of...being "responsible" for the actions of an MEC.

Ah. So you were lying in your original statement? You sounded pretty adament about wanting the same pay you're making now (on the 737?).

Flying it or bidding it is different than getting it on property. I will not give up my scope, period. Now, I might not bid to fly the plane if it is a pay-cut, but I will have the option. I have flown props before. I have no aversion to the equipment, it was fun. How did I lie?

If it has props on it major airline pilots couldn't care less about them.

Sadly, it was proven in the past it doesn't matter what it used. As long as it had less than 90 seats, they couldn't care less.

Hi!

How is a 90 seat plane going to replace a 130-220 seat aircraft???

cliff
LFW

It's been answered, but the SAME way a 50 seat aircraft did. There's NO reason to be sending an 'RJ" EWR-DCA. IAH-ATL, BOS-DCA, LGA-BOS, LAX-SFO, LAX-SEA, IAD-DTW, etc

They have lots of 1st class seats and are somewhat expected by the business customer we cater to. They are going nowhere.

Your username/profile leads me to believe you were COEX/XJT, correct? If so, then at one time or another you went into Mexico. MANY of those routes cater to business customers. You think CAL is worried about catering to them? Plenty of those markets can handle a 737 and this first class they supposedly demand.

Sadly, it was proven in the past it doesn't matter what it used. As long as it had less than 90 seats, they couldn't care less.

It's been answered, but the SAME way a 50 seat aircraft did. There's NO reason to be sending an 'RJ" EWR-DCA. IAH-ATL, BOS-DCA, LGA-BOS, LAX-SFO, LAX-SEA, IAD-DTW, etc

Your username/profile leads me to believe you were COEX/XJT, correct? If so, then at one time or another you went into Mexico. MANY of those routes cater to business customers. You think CAL is worried about catering to them? Plenty of those markets can handle a 737 and this first class they supposedly demand.

I agree with your comments about the ERJ flying into Mexico. However, these cities, save MTY and a few others have never had 1st class seats to the USA, only ERJ service. There have never been Presidents Clubs in these cities. The flights have been flown on ERJ's for around a decade now unlike SAT/AUS/DFW/ATL/ELP etc. ERJ's have a place in the system. The 30 cities they serve in Mexico are great examples. I did fly the ERJ for 2 years before leaving COEX for AirTran. You got me.

I agree with your comments about the ERJ flying into Mexico. However, these cities, save MTY and a few others have never had 1st class seats to the USA, only ERJ service.

True, but you can bet that if it was offered, it would sell.

there have never been Presidents Clubs in those cities.

Again, true. But I don't think that somewhere like HSV has AA's equivalent of the President's club. Yet there's an MD-80 parked there whenever I've been there, as an example. I have yet to see a CAL aircraft there.

Pretty sure I can think of multiple cities where I see DAL aircraft, yet no DAL equivalent of the President's club. Many of the synergies of the NWA/DAL merger are being realized. RJ's taken off routes that are saturated with them and replaced with mainline capacity altogether. Would be nice to see CAL/DAL do the same thing.

Latest resources

Back