Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Review FAR 135.411 and associated Regs as Applicable

100-1/2

You can get a waiver for just about anything. Getting a waiver on a management aircraft so that it may fly 135 yet avoid costly upgrades is doable and common.

The FAA will typically agree to placarding a seat as "May Not Be Occupied During Takeoff and Landing" and removing the seat belts. Generally this is done on a potty/jumpseat or extra couch seat.

alright you silly geese...we all know the details are in 135 as this IS the charter (read; 135) section of the board! i was merely recalling a nagging memory of definitions of some sort in 119. which, by the way, are there in 119.3 ;)

on another note, i dont think anyone is suggesting that he put a G4 on a 9 or less cert. but in the case of a B300 it can (and has) caused an issue when the pilot shows up to fly it and the dam jumpseats are in it. a pilot cannot (could not?) casually remove a jumpseat without some sort of official training/logbook entry/etc. this necessitated utilization of the placarded seats, making them unavailable for use :cool:

since were on the subject of a 300/350...i know of another operator who basically will not allow the plane to be flown single pilot on charter, as that co-pilot seat could possibly be used by a passenger, which makes more than 9 seats available...therefore illegal :p

...go figure :smash:

10 or more, 9 or less

The FAA will allow an aircraft with more than 10 seats installed to be considered a "9" or less if the extra seats are placarded and/or there are no seat belts installed. This happens frequently on a 3 place divan that can seat 4. However, that is not the policy of all FSDOs. Standardization? Right.

From a former FAA Ops Inspector.

Latest resources

Back