• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

9/11/02 Flying Restrictions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To date it seems that the FAA doesn't trust GA at all. All their restriction seem to be below FL180, or only affect Part 91.

I don't know of a single building that comes near FL180 so in order for the Boeing to hit one it has to descend at some point and there will be some hungry AMRAAM's waiting for it before it gets close to its target. I'd hate to be the guy pushing the pickle button.

That kid in Miami showed us what a C172 will do to a building; the news photos I saw showed the unfortunate office with the windowside desk still pretty much intact.
There has to be more they're not telling us about these Part 91 bans.. or the simpler answer, there have to be some empty heads writing NOTAMS.

Bob,

It was in Tampa. In fact the building that he hit was the bank that I work with. :(

Shoot even if there were explosives on board I doubt that there would be much more damage. After all the Empire State building stood up to a B-26.

I stand corrected also, I only correct him because it was in my town. I have been to that airport a couple of times myself.

Checkride on 9/11

Well, the feds must not be too concerned about GA.

The FAA originally had my CFI checkride scheduled for Wednesday, September 11, 2002. Scottsdale FSDO.

In the long run, I ended up scheduling the ride on Tuesday with a Designated Examiner (I've heard too many horror stories about the CFI with the feds).

So, it must not be too big a deal (GA that is) if they were going to have me fly on that day with them!

Wish me luck!
PHXAviator

Latest resources

Back