• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

800+ RJs slashed from now to 2013

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Airtran flys SAT - ATL did you check to see how much our fare was? You might have saved some cash.

At the time of booking Airtran hadn't started service yet. This is all moot since my plans changed anyway.
My employer just signed a deal with Airtran so hopefully I will be able to use the corporate discount.
I was in a Airtran crashpad back when I was commuting. Good folks and always enjoyed the ride in back.

Cheers- Rum

Damn almost $1000 for one pax on a mainline airline?

That is going to do nothing but boost sales at charter companies, especially if you have a group of people going to one destination. A small business jet like the Lear 35 is around $2000/hour (depending on your location) to charter.

Damn almost $1000 for one pax on a mainline airline?

That is going to do nothing but boost sales at charter companies, especially if you have a group of people going to one destination. A small business jet like the Lear 35 is around $2000/hour (depending on your location) to charter.

Ummm, when was the last time you checked those prices? I've never flown a lear but I am guessing they burn around 200 gal/hr x 6.00 per gal/avg thats 1200hr just for fuel, then add crew,mx,office costs they probably cant break even at 2000/hr. I know most charter companies are charging 10-15% more for fuel which is driving a lot of the small jet customers away from charter.

I bought 3 tickets (one for a 2 year old) from XNA to PHF -- all RJs for 4 legs. $1460 total.

Can't tell you how excited I am to drag the whole family onto an RJ, carseat and all. (sarcasm)

I'm glad to help Delta's bottom line, but -- although I don't want to see anyone lose their job -- i'll be delighted when the last RJ is parked in the desert.

Those things were career killers for a lot of us.

I bought 3 tickets (one for a 2 year old) from XNA to PHF -- all RJs for 4 legs. $1460 total.

Can't tell you how excited I am to drag the whole family onto an RJ, carseat and all. (sarcasm)

I'm glad to help Delta's bottom line, but -- although I don't want to see anyone lose their job -- i'll be delighted when the last RJ is parked in the desert.

Not gonna get anything bigger flying out of XNA. Little towns = little planes. Would you rather drive to LIT first for maybe a MD88?

Why do airlines service places like this?? expensive airplanes to nowhere.

XNA is the closest airport to Bentonville, home of Wal-mart. BTW, American flies MD-80s into there.

Not only Wal-Mart but also JB Hunt, Tyson Foods, University of Arkansas...

Not that I expect far-reaching mainline service from here. But I believe the service this area receives is more than adequate.

Now my ability to buy an airline ticket from here as a customer has nothing to do with my opinions regarding what RJs did to my career. Apples and oranges. Believe me, i'm delighted that my only choice is not a Saab to Dallas. We are blessed to have nonstop service to LAX, DFW, IAH, CLT, ATL, CVG, LGA, EWR, DTW, MEM, DEN...(did I miss any?)

Because people actually live in those cities, and those people sometimes like to, or need to, travel to other cities.....So, these things called airlines arrange that transportation opportunities for them. They try to match the amount of potential customes per day, or at a given time, to the right sized aircraft.

Pretty simple, actually.

Rum, based on ASA's 3Q07 reported costs and with fuel dialed in at $3.50/USG a 874sm stage length on a CRJ700 has a trip cost of $7,917 (61,180ASMs x 12.94 cent CASM). Assume 9.5 hrs/day utilization.

At a 100% LF that puts the BE fare at $113 one way.

If we assume an 80% average LF then the average fare must be $7917/(70x0.8) = $141 one way

If you paid $849 / 2 = $424 each way and let's take 25% off for taxes and other stupid bend over and take it fees then your contribution was $318 to each o/w segment.

So your contribution was 36.38 cents per mile versus ASA's cost per mile of 12.94 cents per mile.

yeah you got screwed, Jack.
Whoa.... dats too much algebra's an stuff..... jus tells him he dun paid two much.....
bouyyyyyyyyyy......

Latest resources

Back