8-12" forcast at MDW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ehh, no problem...

forecast does look grim, but who knows, they chamge so much. I stare at them for 8 hours a day. A forecast is merely a hororscope with numbers.

I think this TAF is more like a horror-scope with numbers for Friday.

Thanks to all. Decided things looked lousy enough to postpone arrival until Saturday.

The idea of arriving into an early afternoon blizzard and then having to negotiate I-94 north into the hinterlands of WI was something that could wait a day. As it looks like there is more on the way, this plan allows me to duck in between systems.

Hopefully, most of the roads will be plowed by the time I arrive.

4000 rvr? Yikes! That'll ruin your day.

Actually SWA, along with only a few other operators, can land with 3000 RVR on 31C. Of course, 3000 RVR is still pretty lame.

The snow is supposed to be worse farther north in SE Wisconsin (where I live), so your drive up there (and my drive down from there tomorrow) is probably the best reason to avoid traveling here Friday even if you could get to MDW.

While you're at it, wish me luck as I risk death during my drive down from MKE in 12 inches of snow to MDW by 2pm, only to probably sit for 6 hours and later get canceled!

Anybody know the total snow depth for Chicagoland as of yet? It seems the forcasters have overestimated the impact once again. The last report I have found said "light snow" for KMDW.

I don't miss that place at all. SWA, you're welcome to LGA, too.

It seems the forcasters have overestimated the impact once again.
And they underestimated the impact in MKE. The low moved slightly farther north than expected so MKE is still getting bands of lake-effect snow while it's tapered off in Chicago. I'm trying to get home to MKE right now and the airport is notam'ed closed till 2200Z.

Latest resources

Back