• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

7X deliveries

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The company I work for was supposed to get a 7X in February 09, then Sept 09, now February 10. I can see deliveries falling a few months behind but this seems excessive. What's going on at Dassault?

Well the butt heads at the FAA keep changing the game plan for compliance after the Southwest Air problems several years ago. It now appears as though Dassault/Hawker have come to a agreement as to what is required. Hopefully things will pick up the pace now.

If you want a 7X sooner, AT&T's new one is for sale already.

That would be due to it's little episode over in Hawaii a few months ago. An electrical problem turned into a lot more. The checklist for said problem instructed the pilots to tie the busses, which the pilots weren't real keen on doing (and I don't really blame 'em), considering the nature of the electrical problem they were dealing with. This meant the right essential buss was running off the #2 battery, and as it went dead, there was a voltage anomaly that manifested itself as a baggage fire, to which the crew reacted by blowing the bottle back there. They returned with 2 screens blank, among other problems.

I was just at the Seattle M & O conference that Dassault put on, and the issues they faced were discussed in our 7X group.

One of the biggest challenges I've (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) faced with this aircraft is the completely different approach Dassault has taken to flying this bird. Not bad, inferior...just different. I've thoroughly enjoyed it so far, though.

That would be due to it's little episode over in Hawaii a few months ago. An electrical problem turned into a lot more. The checklist for said problem instructed the pilots to tie the busses, which the pilots weren't real keen on doing (and I don't really blame 'em), considering the nature of the electrical problem they were dealing with. This meant the right essential buss was running off the #2 battery, and as it went dead, there was a voltage anomaly that manifested itself as a baggage fire, to which the crew reacted by blowing the bottle back there. They returned with 2 screens blank, among other problems.

I was just at the Seattle M & O conference that Dassault put on, and the issues they faced were discussed in our 7X group.

One of the biggest challenges I've (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) faced with this aircraft is the completely different approach Dassault has taken to flying this bird. Not bad, inferior...just different. I've thoroughly enjoyed it so far, though.

Due to this malfunction are the getting rid of all their Falcons? It seems so, they have 900 & 50s for sale as well.

Due to this malfunction are the getting rid of all their Falcons? It seems so, they have 900 & 50s for sale as well.

I have no idea. The situation I described is one that was related to me by one of the other pilots I fly with who happens to know the crew involved. According to him, the principle got off the plane after it landed and said, "Sell that POS"...I'm paraphrasing, of course.

As to the flight department's situation...I don't have any idea, nor have I made any claim as to such.

I have no idea. The situation I described is one that was related to me by one of the other pilots I fly with who happens to know the crew involved. According to him, the principle got off the plane after it landed and said, "Sell that POS"...I'm paraphrasing, of course.

As to the flight department's situation...I don't have any idea, nor have I made any claim as to such.

Don’t normally respond on here, but:
Absolutely, NOT true.

Aircraft was for sale months before said flight.

Other aircraft for sale are part of a strategically planned fleet reduction from June 2008.

Due to this malfunction are the getting rid of all their Falcons?

Not as long as their current DO is there. He thinks Falcons are infallible.

Was always so funny listening to him prattle on about Falcons in meetings and how great they were. All the ex-Canadair, Gulfstream, and Embraer drivers would give each other funny looks when he did it.

Again, not hatin'. If Falcons work for them that's fine with me. I always found the Falcon lovefest completely bizarre for numerous reasons. I figured the 7X was major overkill, too. I dunno. Seemed like ego over operational necessity but I could be wrong.

What I want to know is the fate of the next one. Is it going to be dumped?

Last edited:

Shoot, the principle wanted it sold long before that I was told...

There are some really good folks there. I hope they don't get hosed like the rest of this industry.

It is getting ugly out there.

Latest resources

Back