• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

787 divert "there was no fire in the aft electrical equipment bay"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This plane was a disaster and bad idea from the start. Plastic junk. Looks pretty and that's about it...
It is??? Hum? It has been operated by ANA for a year now and they are quite happy with it, as a matter of fact, they ordered more of them. Some of the best airliners of the world had a lot of problems at the beginning of their operation, 727, 757,767,707 all had tons of problems at their start of service, they all developed into very productive, reliable A/C's and that will be the case here as well, specially the 900 model.

I remember when the 757/767 rolled out and everyone was nervous about a liter twin engine jet thats mission was North Atlantic crossing amongst other topics.....well the rest is history.

The 787 is off to a great start, Boeing has their name on it, the ship is solid.

This plane was a disaster and bad idea from the start. Plastic junk. Looks pretty and that's about it...

Good thing Airbus doesn't use plastic junk to make their airplanes. Otherwise they might have had to recall all the A380s to have the wings rebuilt.....err...ohhh...nevermind.

In the design history of everything, there was a time when it didnt work...

Look at the 737. I don't think anyone could deny it's an solid industry workhorse. Yet it comes apart midair from time to time and how many rudder hard overs has it had? S&@$ happens with every airplane.

737 comes apart? Oh you must mean has parts fall off, not come apart like airbus.

Come on Score do you really need to turn this into an us vs them thing? I'm talking about the roofs of the 737 peeling back. Aloha 242 wasn't 100% fatal due to the skill of of the crew and the fact that OGG was very close when it happened. You have had to seen the pictures of that A/C.
The point was all A/C have their issues, why take that personally?

Come on Score do you really need to turn this into an us vs them thing? I'm talking about the roofs of the 737 peeling back. Aloha 242 wasn't 100% fatal due to the skill of of the crew and the fact that OGG was very close when it happened. You have had to seen the pictures of that A/C.
The point was all A/C have their issues, why take that personally?

I think he's just yanking your chain, Dan. You're absolutely correct: all A/C have their issues. That's probably true with any new product as well. However, statistically speaking, the 737 is the safest airplane ever built (based on flight hours vs fatalities).

Bubba

Latest resources

Back