• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

78 year old captain flying Jenni Rivera's plane

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What did you say? ;)Like I said I flew with a 78 year FE, he had no problem, The only way I knew he was 78 is when I looked at the seniority list and saw his birth date of 1918. I fly with a number of pilots on the war birds all in their mid 70's. They do a fine job[/QUOTE]

Were they beat down by an on-demand schedule?

What did you say? ;)Like I said I flew with a 78 year FE, he had no problem, The only way I knew he was 78 is when I looked at the seniority list and saw his birth date of 1918. I fly with a number of pilots on the war birds all in their mid 70's. They do a fine job[/QUOTE]

Were they beat down by an on-demand schedule?
No most are retired Major pilots NWA, UAL,

So no limits at all. 85? 90?

Hey! General Yeager did the speed of sound in a -15 with an engine out at the age of 89. And he flew solo with no G-suit or O2! He ended the flight with a zero-zero landing on a grass strip with partial panel! Didn't see him having any problems did ya' sonny boy?

So let up on us old guys; we did tougher stuff than 135/121/91 back when a steam gauge was a luxury and the FAA was just a wet spot in the minds of the CBA! Hell, if anything there should be a minimum age of 60; get rid of the youngsters and their newfangled "health" and "stamina!"

The FAA will form a committee.....

UFOs. (United Flying Octogenarians)

Check it out, a club for pilots over 80, gee I have to wait 10 years before I can join.

Message from the VP: "We are so lucky to be UFOs. (United Flying Octogenarians) To think that most people our age are losing friends (funerals) or visiting them in care centers. We have over 1200 who are listed in our directory with their address, email address, and phone number. We can contact them and have a conversation, or meet them for lunch or coffee. Make it a point to do this for yourselves. When I lose a friend, I will get a new one from the UFO. This issue of the Slipstream is bulging with get togethers and pictured bios of new members. I am sorry that there are many I had to leave out because there just wasn’t space. Keep sending me photos and bios for the next Slipstream for the end of December. Bill Webber • Vice President, Publisher: Email: [email protected]"

http://unitedflyingoctogenarians.org/sites/all/docs/2012_9_30_UFO-NEWSLETTER.pdf

http://unitedflyingoctogenarians.org/

Last edited:
Oh...and honestly! Who better to fly a forty plus year old aircraft, than a pilot who is intimately familiar with it? Honestly....when was the last time any of us drove round gages? Just unlucky.

You haven't driven in Florida have you?

Latest resources

Back