Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

777 Type for Overseas Flying Question, Please Help.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here is a question from a friend of mine here wondering about flying overseas. He has EK mins, but wouldn't mind going somewhere else.

"I'm thinking about getting my 777 type. I've looked at Pan Am flight, Flight Training International, and Bond Aviation, and they all seem to have 'Training Centers' in the same areas like Dallas, Atlanta, etc. Do these organizations just dry lease sims from Delta, American, and just provide instructors?

Also, does anyone know what the going rate is, and if there are group discounts?

Thanks"

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

tell him to not waste his money buying a 777 type unless he has a written letter that gaurentees employment, even then i wouldn't do it.

Even KAL require 500 on type so the ticket alone wont do it.

No point in getting a type for EK unless you have the experience to go with it. They will happily hire those without that suit the "profile".

They know what they want.

fv

Even KAL require 500 on type so the ticket alone wont do it.

No point in getting a type for EK unless you have the experience to go with it. They will happily hire those without that suit the "profile".

They know what they want.

fv

What do they want???

What do they want???

Well, HR don't advertize the specifics for obvious reasons. But from talking to some friends who work in there...basically the same as everywhere else...a good all rounder with solid experience and in particular a great attitude.

fv

Quite a few Singapore and Jet Airways 777 pilots let go recently and now looking for jobs - some going to Qatar Airways. These people have 777 experience. I wouldn't want to compete with them for 777 jobs worldwide.

Well Metro, I don't know enough about your situation to speak to the wisdom of getting a type, but I can answer your original question. Pan Am at least has it's own simulator centers in parts of the country, but all type rating training companies dry-lease sims from airlines as well as from companies like Boeing Alteon and Airbus. FTI and Bond have no simulators of their own, I believe - at least I know FTI doesn't. The instructors provided in a dry lease undergo the same FAA certification as any other training center examiner, and are usually current or retired airline types.

The going rate is variable enough that it wouldn't do to state a price for you here, but there is always a discount provided if you can go through the type rating program as a crew of two pilots. Paying for the simulator time, instructor and stand-in FO for a single pilot is less efficient, and always costs more.

I've got years of experience dealing with several of these companies, so I'd be more than happy to help you out via PM.

Latest resources

Back