• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

767 on DHL's CVG ramp

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As I said,who knows what will happen next? The two I was referring to were supposedly bought from one of the failed start up airlines...:confused:

I hear ATI will operate 2 767 passenger airplanes that have already been bought by CHI ...Will operate on military work while it is still profitable,but would have a door cut in them down the road...Who knows what CHI or CAM or any of the other players might do? Ask Capital where there 757 went..I think CAM will lease the airplanes they have on hand to the highest bidder without regard to whether it is supposed to go to ATI,ABX,Capitol,etc...You stumble anywhere during the process or someone with a bigger wallet comes along and the airplane you were supposed to be getting will be off and running with another company. From what I have seen,being under someone's umbrella with a bunch of other people usually results in those on the outer fringes getting a wet ass.....

You are right. ABX, ATI and Capital need to watch how the management team work with and/or against them. But as it stands two of the CHI 767's are already going to Air Canada on a dry lease. Capital is still on schedule to get their 1st 757 and already have an agreement to operate a 2nd 757 for DHL as well. I think out of MIA with the 1st one. I did hear rumor grumblings that ABX has their hands on more 767's, but where they go is anyones guess. They are hot right now and while they can operate them through ATI and ABX, there are carriers out there that will lease them. I guess it boils down to which customer will shell out for them. ABXH (is that what I can call holdings vs. air?) will not give them away.

How do you ABX guys feel about the CHI guys running freight for DHL?

It was a CHI acmi contract before the purchase. The real question is if any domestic flying we are doing now goes to CHI. I then think you would see the ABX guys park the airline tomorrow instead of dying a slow death! The hope would be to bankrupt ABXH.

It was a CHI acmi contract before the purchase. The real question is if any domestic flying we are doing now goes to CHI. I then think you would see the ABX guys park the airline tomorrow instead of dying a slow death! The hope would be to bankrupt ABXH.

If DHL chooses to contract ATI or CCI to haul freight under an ACMI separate from the current ABX ACMI it is not a violation of our scope. It is not our freight. If ABX Holding uses ATI or CCI to haul freight under the ABX ACMI then our scope kicks in (again).

If DHL chooses to contract ATI or CCI to haul freight under an ACMI separate from the current ABX ACMI it is not a violation of our scope. It is not our freight. If ABX Holding uses ATI or CCI to haul freight under the ABX ACMI then our scope kicks in (again).

I think that was my point, the 757 out of MIA is under a ACMI seperate from the current ABX ACMI.

If we don't get on the same page, and quick, someone will be flying the yellow crap for nothing. Maybe they can find someone to pay them, like gulfstream did down in Miami.

There may be growth, but at what cost?

Latest resources

Back