767 on DHL's CVG ramp

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

oldawg

I was recently told that there is an all white cargo door 767 parked on the DHL ramp in CVG. Does anyone have any information on it? Do you know what the N number is?

The last rumor I heard was that it was an ABX plane. It might be the China POS, but I thought I heard it was one of the new acquisitions from United or American (I think).

Last night I heard another rumor that things might be movin back to CVG. Anyone hear anything about this?

The last rumor I heard was that it was an ABX plane. It might be the China POS, but I thought I heard it was one of the new acquisitions from United or American (I think).

Last night I heard another rumor that things might be movin back to CVG. Anyone hear anything about this?

That is one of the rumors du jour TWA. I don't think it will happen. Considering how great the last hub integration went, I don't think there would be any boxes left to carry if it went like the last one did.

Did the China plane have a door?

I don't think they cut a door in the China plane. Just flew it into CVG and hung a "for sale" sign in the window.

It could be the "latest" arrival, or it could be an aircraft about to go to "C" check. There is no room to park "extra" aircraft at ILN.

What I heard

This is what I heard FWIW, may be true, may be not....

China bird to be left as a pax a/c, and operated by ATI on mil charters.

White bird is converted, would take Abx over the 10%, so is to be dry leased to some other entitiy.

Was told at bottoms up last week China a/c is already gone. might end up with 2-3 Abx 767 at CVG until crews trained to use in charter work!

I hear ATI will operate 2 767 passenger airplanes that have already been bought by CHI ...Will operate on military work while it is still profitable,but would have a door cut in them down the road...Who knows what CHI or CAM or any of the other players might do? Ask Capital where there 757 went..I think CAM will lease the airplanes they have on hand to the highest bidder without regard to whether it is supposed to go to ATI,ABX,Capitol,etc...You stumble anywhere during the process or someone with a bigger wallet comes along and the airplane you were supposed to be getting will be off and running with another company. From what I have seen,being under someone's umbrella with a bunch of other people usually results in those on the outer fringes getting a wet ass.....

Latest resources

Back