• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

747 off the runway at O'Hare?

DH106

Total Time
My sister-in-law just diverted to Rockford. Does anyone know anything about a 74 running off the runway at O'Hare, closing the only open runway (that's the story I got, at least)?

rtseatrich

Total Time
8,400+
Kmdw 100303z 35017g24kt 2sm -sn Blsn Br Bkn012 Bkn017 Ovc035m02/m03 A3000 Rmk Ao2 P0000

regionaltard

seat lock
Total Time
90°
The plows don't run until the Governor gets paid.

Pocono Pilot

flower child
Total Time
What's your point? These conditions are just another junior-varsity day at the office.

Give him a break, I think he's a CAL pilot.

Usually when the weather gets bad, CAL has XJT do the flight because we are CAT II approved. I don't think many CAL planes are CAT II approved.

Call in the big guns when the weather goes down. We at XJT eats this stuff for breakfast. LOL

ReverseSensing

On the BC
Total Time
>2000
Pocono Pilot and instructordude: a match made in heaven.

Cat II, huh? You don't say!

FLYLOW22

Total Time
TT
If Chuck Norris were flying that 747, the 747 wouldn't be off the runway. The runway would be off the 747.

DYLIN

Total Time
A few

Usually when the weather gets bad, CAL has XJT do the flight because we are CAT II approved. I don't think many CAL planes are CAT II approved.

Call in the big guns when the weather goes down. We at XJT eats this stuff for breakfast. LOL

Yeah, those 737NGs, 757s, 767s, and 777s are real low-tech machines. Ever heard of autoland?

kg911

Total Time
10+

Wow, you must be a real pilot. Can I have your autograph.

Btw shouldn't you be on the Regional board?

Twotter Driver

Total Time

Ever hear of CAT 3 LAND 3?? Figured you didn't. Your little commuter aircraft isn't capable or equiped to fly it. Don't worry, we fly and land while you are still burning circles in the holding pattern!

Pocono Pilot

flower child
Total Time
Sorry, but I land much better from the LEFT SEAT.

I don't think I'm cut out to be a lowly gear jerker even if the airplane can land itself.

I think I'll stay all nice and comfy in the Captain's chair, thank you very much.

The world needs co-pilots too, I guess. LOL But, seriously not my thing!!! ;-)

LOL

FmrFreightDog

Py-lote
Total Time

LOL

Guess not, since the hiring board told you "No." You know what they say about winning the gold medal at the special olympics, don't you??

Don't worry too much though. Take solace in the fact that when you do screw up and run off the end of a runway or slide off a taxiway, that funny smelling thing between your legs will finally step up and save your ass.

Last edited:

jayme

My Mona Lisa
Total Time
Guess not, since the hiring board told you "No." You know what they say about winning the gold medal at the special olympics, don't you??

Don't worry too much though. Take solace in the fact that when you do screw up and run off the end of a runway or slide off a taxiway, that funny smelling thing between your legs will finally step up and save your ass.

Wow... and that was after the edit!

kg911

Total Time
10+
Sorry, but I land much better from the LEFT SEAT.

I don't think I'm cut out to be a lowly gear jerker even if the airplane can land itself.

I think I'll stay all nice and comfy in the Captain's chair, thank you very much.

LOL

So what are you saying. You don't jerk gear when your Co-Pilot takes off hotshot...

Btw you otta try that autoland stuff sometime. It's pretty cool. Better yet if you ever have what it takes to get to the Majors, you might get the chance to even do a Cat III HGS hand flown approach.