737 type to SWA interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jtmpilot

Want to get some feed back on how long it has been taking from the time you get 737 type rated to land an interview. Ive heard in the past few months it has been taking anywhere from 2 weeks to months. feedback please......

Not me, but a friend (He's an ex-TWA guy) been waiting 2.5 years since his type... and yes, he's got all the required times. Two other types (B757/767 and EMB-145) too.

Not me, but a friend (He's an ex-TWA guy) been waiting 2.5 years since his type... and yes, he's got all the required times. Two other types (B757/767 and EMB-145) too.

FYI He should really check his on-line application. From R.K. and L.L at SWA some applicants have been overlooked due to incomplete applications. I got called 16 days after type. Buddy of mine 7 days. I have heard that some have been waiting month or two but thats it. Highly recommend HPA Dallas....

I got the type in Jan of '03, applied via the paper app in May of '02, did the e-app in Jan or '04 and updated EVERY month until I was called in June of '06. I started class on 8-30.

Some people in my class got called within days of getting typed, and others (like me) took a few years. I don't know what the magic is, but I can tell it is well worth the wait.

what the heck am i doing wrong on my app. i wonder??? 2K turbine PIC 4.5K total all other boxes filled hmmmmm

Give them a call and ask them if they notice anything. They really don't mind this from what I've been told.

Latest resources

Back