737 Type to SWA interview call?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jtmpilot

How long has it been taking once you put 737 type rating on your SWA application to get a call for an interview? Is there anything i can do to improve my chances of an interview once i list the type on my application?
Thanks

4 months to interview call and was in class three months later. Good luck.

I was told that anyone that has the quals and the type are getting called. Obviously there are exceptions but I think your call is coming if you have the type. This place is even better than advertised. It makes me wonder why the other airlines haven't figured it out yet.

To figure what out? To drop the college requirement? I could've been here years ago and saved $$$ on college!

Dearest Laboule,

That's not what I meant. I was referring to the way the company operates, not their requirements.

Not that it matters all that much to me, but one would be hard pressed to find a more qualified and educated bunch than those at SWA. The degree, or lack thereof, has nothing to do with the folks we hire.

9 Days from type to interview. If you haven't been called, your application could be incomplete. Go check it, line by line, and make sure. If it looks ok, send the people dept. an e-mail. All their e-mail addys are on the paper they handed out at the meet-n-greet in June.

College

Really? If we really want the most educated people, why not make college a requirement? Nowadays is a different story, but pre-9/11 we couldn't get enough college graduates and were tired of hiring people that would leave. Therefore, the absence of a college requirement ensured we got people who wouldn't (couldn't) leave for anywhere else. Otherwise, it would have been a mandatory requirement, like the other majors.

Last edited:
Took me 2 years...but times are different now. I would say update every week at least....I updated every time I flew. Got the call a month after I started doing that.

As far as being better than advertised....MUCH MUCH better.

Good luck!

Latest resources

Back