737 Type Rating

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

captcrr

I was wondering where people would suggest I go to get my 737 type rating. Does SWA care where applicants get it?

SWA does not care where you get your type rating as long it has no limitations on it.

DO NOT got to Aeroservices Inc. in Miami, FL.

Higher Power in Dallas has a very good reputation, among others.

Good Luck!

737 Type

K & S Aviation in Phoenix - they have my highest recommendation. Small Classes. Great Instruction. Good people.

737 type ratings, lets see:

K&S Aviation
Higher Power Aviation
FlightSafetyBoeing (Long Beach, California)

There are more, but these are the ones that I know of , off of the top of my head

I am writing this at home, I have the contact aviation for K&S Aviation & Higher Power in my office.
I work for FlightSafetyBoeing, but it may be to your advantage to go to the others, not sure if it would
improve your chances. My buddy went to Higher Power & enjoyed it, during training they had
somebody from Human Resources come in from SouthWest & give the boys a presentation.

If you want send me an email
[email protected]

I have the contact numbers or if you want to train at FSB, I can put you in contact with one of the contracts
people.

737 type

"You will never forget where you were on 9-11-01..." For me, I was taking my checkride for my 737 type. The folks at Higher Power were exceptional...coordinated for the examiner's alternative transportation to the Sim, willing to reschedule the whole thing if I wanted to, etc. All in All, HPA is first class training.

I have heard good things about K&S, but for me, anyone who wants to go to work for SWA should 1) Get their type 2) Do it at HPA. The lunch at the ballpark and the chance to visit with the SWA PD folks is worth it alone.:) I felt as though a little nervousness was removed from my interview (if thats possible) because I had at least already met some of the interviewers.

I know the $7380 (@ that time) is a huge chunk of coin, but there was only one company that I wanted to work for, and I looked at it as an investment.

Their info....

HPA
878 Greenview Dr
Grand Prairie TX 75050
www.jetcrew.com
(972) 641-4661
800 538-2739

If you would like more details, send a PM
Good luck,
Hooch

I did mine at Crew Pilot Training here in Houston in November. They are using the Continental -300 EFIS sim in the CAL training center. I was happy with them. Their info is www.CrewPilotTraining.com. Or, call Ray Brendle at 1-800-441-5387. Again, I think they were fine.

Now, if WN would just announce a 500 a/c order and a couple of thousand pilots to be hired, we'd all be set... :D

I did mine at Higher Power in Dallas. Like another mentioned, they have someone from SWA People department drop by for motivation and pictures, so they do know people there. Also, the President, Mark Stearns, is a great guy who will make sure you get great training. K & S is run by current SWA pilots I believe, so that is another great option. I still think Higher Power was right for me.

Higher Power

I HIGHLY recommend Higher Power, as does everyone else who's been through Mark and Joe's program.

Higher Power!!!!

Hey Ya'll,

I would recommend HPA. It was very professional and enjoyable. They seemed like a tight knit family that had you over for dinner.

www.jetcrew.com

See ya,

SR

I'll put another plug in for Crew Pilot Training. I had a great time, and they flew me from my home airport to Houston on CAL- somehow ended up in 1st class for the trip to/from also!!

Latest resources

Back