737 Type Rating Schools

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My 2 cents

Higher Power did me well. I really enjoyed the class time and our ground school instructor was the best I have ever seen.

I think there is a great relatioship between HPA and SWA. Its cool to have the SWA recruitment team come over to HPA and talk to the class.

I have to admit I have heard nothing but great reviews about K&S too. An obvious realation to SWA as well.

Good luck in your search!

If anyoone is interested, I'm selling my Higher Power manuals on www.ebay.com item=2128288095

K&S Kick Butt...

If you are getting a 737 type it is probably to get into the door and sucessfully interview with SWA...
Why go to any other place when K&S teach SWA procedures...
Not only that but it is a well run organization with a cadre who truly care...

"Krunch"

I'll 3rd K&S

It was nice to already know it SWA style when I showed up for new hire class.

Awsome instructors! Most are SWA pilots who love to tell SWA stories.

Have Fun!

K & S.

The crew there is fabulous. Great instructors. Nice people. Would give it my highest recommendation.

Kirk and Stephanie seem to know scores of people at SWA (Kirk is a SWA Captain, Stephanie was a station manager I believe). They are hooked into the SWA network as well as anyone.

Small class sizes. Great instruction. Great experience.

Go to Phoenix.

As for me and my house, I'll stick with Higher Power in DAL. After all, where else does anyone want to be but the promised land?
The "power lunch" that Mark organized at the ball bark (TGIF's overlooking the diamond) was itself worth the $7380. I sat across from the then JM and the next table over from CH (I'm dating myself here). I talked one on one with one of the PD interviewers, gloves off with no notetaking. It gave me tremendous confidence for the future interview. That experience was priceless, and the training was outstanding. They've got it down to a science there. I'm sure that K+S is great too, but I went to HPA and I'll vouch for them.
Thanks Mark!

I went to Aeroflot Training in St. Petersburg, Russia. Cost about 20 Mil but got great training in the sim (It was a bathtub on top of a bowling ball). No wait thats Lance Bass. Never mind.

Thanks guys

This is to JimEJet, waitin, starrBuck, DHPope93(see you on the 13th), Krunch, jball2 and MaxFly:

Thanks! guys for voting for K & S Aviation. We truly enjoyed our time with you all. We are getting all set up for all 300 material. As you all know to come to recurrent class is free of charge. Just call me and let me know. The pilots vote on the contract August 19th. Hey it is great for the two years before renegotiations in the following contract. Talked with Heather this morning about the future new hire classes and interviewing. Call me and I will give the updates.

Thank you again and look forward to hearing from all of you.

Stephanie

Higher Power Aviation

loNslo,

I went to Higher Power and I highly recommend them. Twelve of my friends have also gone through the program, and without exception they said great things about the quality of instruction and the hospitality of the staff.

We all flew for two Part 121 carriers who have excellent training programs, but I agree with several of my buddies who commented that the best instruction we've ever received was at Higher Power.

At HPA you don't have to worry about dealing with the high failure rate described by one of the posters above at another flight school. Higher Power is at the other end of the spectrum and you can expect to be treated with kindness, respect, and a lot of support.

It's a classy and professional operation and if you go there you won't be disappointed.

Good Luck to you wherever you decide to go!

hankhill

:)

Not to keep going on and on about it, but K and S is the best game in town. I got my type there and it was truly a pleasurable experience.

All of my instructors were either current SWA or retired SWA.
Used SWA flows, procedures, and checklists. Also being around all those SWA folks sure is motivating. If not completely infectious. I thought I wanted to work for SWA before I went............Great stories. Truly a great group of people.

Without a doubt the best training program I have ever been through. Really get alot for the investment.

Many thanks to Kirk, Stephanie, Jan, Bill, Rhinehard, Steve, Brent and Mike. You guys are the greatest and will always receive my highest recommendation.

A Pleased Customer

Thanks everyone for all the info. I've been in touch with K & S, along with Higher Power as a results of the post on this thread. However, it may all be for naught. I just found out from the officials here in upstate NY that the max grant for WIA funding is now down to $2000.00, which is better than nothing but leaves more than I can afford. Take care.

Latest resources

Back