737 Type Rating Schools

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

loNslo

Which type rating school is best? Is Higher Power Aviation better than Pan Am Academy or vice versa? How about other schools, etc.

Aeroservice in MIA...did it in Oct of 2000. Price was $6800 including a $400 allowance for hotels. They can provide you with housing info. It took 2 weeks...1 week grnd school and 1 week in the sim. Brush up on your spanish though....just about everyone there was from latin America and had heavy accents.

THE BEST, FROM MY EXPERIENCE, WITHOUT A DOUBT IS K&S AVIATION OUT OF PHOENIX.

THEY ARE THE NICEST PEOPLE. STEPHANIE AND KIRK. THE CLASSROOM IS JUST LIKE A 121 COURSE, LAID BACK AND NON-THREATENING. THE MATERIALS ARE VERY STRUCTURED AND STRAIGHTFORWARD, NO GUESS WORK, WHATSOEVER.

THE CLASS SIZES ARE REAL SMALL, FIVE TO SIX GUYS.

THE PROGRAM IS A DUPLICATE OF SOUTHWEST'S TRAINING DEPARTMENT. ALL CALLS AND PROCEDURES ARE PER SOUTHWEST'S SOP'S. SO IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN GETTING THE TYPE FOR A SWA CLASS OR INTERVIEW THAN THIS IS THE ONLY GAME IN TOWN! I BELIEVE K&S IS THE ONLY TYPE PLACE APPPROVED TO TEACH SWA'S SOP'S. ALL THE OTHER TYPE PLACES WILL ONLY TEACH YOU GENERAL PROCEDURES THAT WILL ONLY CONFUSE YOU WHEN YOU GET TO SWA.

I FIGURED IT WAS A NO BRAINER SINCE SWA WILL BE MY FIRST MAJOR 121 JOB AND I NEEDED TO HAVE EVERY POSSIBLE EDGE BEFORE I GET THERE.

LIKE I SAID THERE ARE ONLY GOOD THINGS TO SAY ABOUT K&S AVIATION. I WAS A FURLOUGHED 121 GUY AND BELIEVE THIS PROGRAM STACKS UP TO THE BEST OF THE 121 PROGRAMS I'VE BEEN EXPOSED TO.

THE BONUSES FOR GOING THERE ARE...

PAID HOTEL
SMALL CLASSES
CLEAN AND NEW TRAINING FACILITIES
CLOSE HOTEL TO TRAINING FACILITY
EASY AND CHEAP AIR FARES TO PHX (ESPECIALLY IF YOU JUMPSEAT)
CHEAP TOTAL PACKAGE PRICE OF $7700.00

ONE MORE THING, I KNOW STEPHANIE READS THESE POSTS SO I WANT TO THANK HER ONCE AGAIN!

THANKS GUYS, HAD FUN

K&S AVIATION'S PHONE IS 877 748 6745

GOOD LUCK

Last edited:
I went to Aeroservices 1 & 1/2 yers ago. I got through the deal just fine. However the ground school really sucked, the guy teaching knew nothing about the 737!

More recently though some friends of mine went through the class. Aeroservices failed all the applicants, then charged them all about $1,800.00 extra to retrain. Imagine, all the applicants failing? Sound like a quick way to jack up the price doesn't it. Very unprofessional atmosphere, sounds good over the phone, they'll tell you ANYTHING to get you down there.

If I were you, I would go somewhere else.

HC

Crew Pilot Training

I went to Crew Pilot Training in Houston.

-300 EFIS

class size was me & another dude so every sim session I was either CAPT or FO

Instructor stayed with us at the hotel for after hours questions and prep. Instructors were retired Delta and Cont pilots plus other airline captains.

cost was $7300 plus a free Continental ticket ( I flew 1st class!)

Southwest flows used.

I only have good things to say for a great program.

QUestions, please ask.

Mil-Bushpilot

I'll second the vote for K&S.. Not only was it painless, it was alot of FUN... Instructors were great, told you what you needed to know, and what you didn't.

Thanks Steph and Kirk!

Ah, what the hell, here's another plug for K&S. All the reasons listed above, and great people to boot. They'll even knock down the price if you have other lodging arrangements in the area (I live in Phoenix).

Peace,
DP

Higher Power

I went with HP in Dallas. Best training I have ever received. Great people with good hearts. Cost around 7000. Log onto www.jetcrew.com for info. One of the co-founders, Mark Stearns, is a great guy and will answer any questions you have. He is a no BS type of guy. Take care and hae fun,

BN

Flight Training International in Denver is a great school. They use the United Training Center and have great instructors. Shari Egan is great at helping with the financing part including WIA. There Website is WWW.FTI737.com and their number is (303) 329-0999. One of the other great things about FTI is no waiting. Because Untied is not using their 737 sims as much as they used to, it has meant unlimited training slots for FTI. A friend called one of the bigger schools and was told it would be at least a month if not two before he could get a class, he ended up at FTI right away.

Hope this helps16

Latest resources

Back