• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

737 type-help, hurt, doesn't matter?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
have to agree. years ago having the FE ticket and the 737 type were possibly frowned on. even if you had the written or FE ticket and were applying to an airline that did not have such aircraft to was telling them in so many words you were planning on leaving. it seems nowadays, that a type is something folks appreciate and their approach has changed. the airline question- answer- stability, security and qol for your family. the airline is a hard sell these days- stability and security are easier to sell in the interview. i think having the type is advantageous to your overall (long term) success as a professional pilot. best of luck.

the man in black

I didn't put it on my resume when I interviewed for my last corporate gig. I also didn't put my CFI CFII or MEI. Instead of putting the title "ratings" just put down "pertinent ratings". I put down my falcon 20 type (what I was going to fly for them) and my ATP. That way if asked later I could just explain I put down only "pertinant ratings".
Seems shady, but I don't think I would have recieved the job otherwise.
Let them find it.

BTW...given your age (from what you said above ~50) I really don't think it would raise that many questions. Many guys your age have that type. Go for SWA...I have heard of them hiring guys into their 50's...I heard somewhere they hired a guy that was 58 one time...don't know if that is true. I really think the rule will change anyway.
Good luck!!!

Rick1128 said:
...It has been my experience that it takes over a year before the new pilot is really up to speed. So there is an investment of time on the part of the flight department personnel in this person. And to have him leave just when you are starting to get full value out of him is quite frustrating. You can understand it when the company doesn't pay or treat someone well, but when they are industry standard and treated quite well, it tends to put that flight department off forloughed airline pilots.
FWIW, we lost a pilot to Jet Blue about 2 years ago. The first thing the boss said to me was "Why did we hire him?" I didn't have an answer - they had actually hired him and sent him to school before they hired me. FR8dognit has a way around it provided they don't check the FAA website.

Back to the original question. In the real world, you probably would have a much better chance of using a Citation type than any Boeing type. If you ever plan on using it the Citation type would probably be the best choice.

'Sled

Latest resources

Back