737 type enough?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bigoober

When submitting applications, is it enough to have the 737 type rating or does having hours in the plane help you out that much more?

I have done a search and found where some think it may hurt with other than SWA apps to have that rating as it seems like an out for another job. I am just wondering if having 1,000 hours in the 737 helps you that much more as compared to the type rating.

Thanks for the advice.

I am not an expert by any means on SWA hireing mins......That being said....If you do not work for ATA, then you probably will not be interviewed without the type rating. That is by todays standards. There are people who are interviewing without the type but they are few. They will not officially hire anyone right now without the type rating. If you make it past DB without the type and receive an offer then you have 6 months to complete the rating. A good friend of mine was pre-hired before he got his type, that was three and a half years ago. it doesn't happen much lately. Good Luck!

The check airman that did my IOE got hired without the type. I think he started in April this year. He said guys that interviewed with the type after him were going to class before him.

The type rating takes two weeks and my buddy got hired and then scheduled his type, got his type, and then went to class. Total time about three months.

I meant how long after the check airman you spoke of, took, after being hired, to schedule his type rating?

sf260pilot said:
I meant how long after the check airman you spoke of, took, after being hired, to schedule his type rating?
That I don't know. I think he interviewed around this time last year and started class in APR this year but I don't know how long it took him to schedule his type.

Latest resources

Back