737 stick pusher

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

lumax

With all the talk in the last couple of days with regards to the Colgan crash, I started digging a little deeper into my 737 systems. With regards to the stall warning system I found that "the elevator feel shift (EFS) computer increases system A hydraulic pressure to the elevator feel and centering unit during a stall. This creates about 4 times the normal forward force on the yoke." The systems book does not technically call it a stick pusher even though it sure sounds like one. However, in another source I found the same description and it did call it a stick pusher.
Anyone have better info on this?

Our manuals at CAL state that it increases to 2 times normal... Who knows which manuals are correct. No mention about it being a stick pusher. I've never even seen it demonstrated in the sim that I can recall. Our recoveries were done at the shaker.

I recall in the sim during that maneuver, you get the shaker when you reach the PLI line, once you past it (above the PLI line), you'll get the pusher. And it's a doozy, easily you can lose 3-500 feet in a second.

I have a vague memory of it being demonstrated in the sim at high altitude at the airline you and I work for, Lumax.

That is better memory than mine because I don't remember ever going beyond stick shaker. But then again I can't remember what I had for dinner last night!

The shaker does quite enough to get my attention, thank you.

In my airplane it is a carbon based stick pusher, activated at the onset of sphincter constriction.

Latest resources

Back