Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TDK90

Hey Guys

I have a sim assessment next week in a 737-400 for a foreign company.

I've never flown one and would be grateful for a little help!

We have been given a general checklist, but could someone post part of a takeoff briefing that covers items you would abort for prior to V1. So at least I can brief sensible items and not generics.

I purchased a cockpit poster and had a couple of questions:

1. The EADI doesnt seem to have any altitude info apart from rad alt, is that right?

2. Can you separately display nav1 and nav2 on each mfd?
If you're in manual nav is the auto screen disabled?

3. What speeds would you normally bug with the 4 white speed bugs prior to approach?

The entire assessment is raw data, no fmc or ap, any hints or tips gratefully received!

Hey Guys

I have a sim assessment next week in a 737-400 for a foreign company.

I've never flown one and would be grateful for a little help!

We have been given a general checklist, but could someone post part of a takeoff briefing that covers items you would abort for prior to V1. So at least I can brief sensible items and not generics.

I would abort for any light prior to 80knots. Above 80 knots...engine failure/fires or if I have any doubt the airplane is going to fly.

I purchased a cockpit poster and had a couple of questions:

1. The EADI doesnt seem to have any altitude info apart from rad alt, is that right?

That is correct.

2. Can you separately display nav1 and nav2 on each mfd?
If you're in manual nav is the auto screen disabled?

No you cannot display the two navs seperately on the MFD...CA displays NAV 1 and FO displays NAV 2.

If my memory serves me right...on the 400 you get an RMI type arrow on the outer edge if either (?) radio is receiving a VOR...sorry, it's been a long time since i've been on a 400.

Your RMI has two push buttons at the 4 and 8 o'clock positions that allow you to select the needles to display either ADF-1 or VOR-1 (8 o'clock) and ADF-2 or VOR-2 (4 o'clock).

3. What speeds would you normally bug with the 4 white speed bugs prior to approach?

1st/2nd bug...double bug (lowest speed) = Vref
3rd bug... = Vref + 15
4th bug...= clean maneuver

The entire assessment is raw data, no fmc or ap, any hints or tips gratefully received!

Depending on what you've been flying...watch out for big pitch changes with large power changes. I would also select the MFD to display airports and possibly VOR's (STA). Although, if they turn the FMC completely off then you are SOL.

good luck

Last edited:
TDK90,

Here is a site that may be of help or hurt, you decide - http://www.b737.org.uk/

Looks like Iggy has answered the other questions.

Good luck.

PS: This message was sent from the parking lot of a Holiday Inn Express parking lot using their WiFi without authorization. Any information could be purely speculation.

I don't fly the 400, but in the 700 you can swag your power settings by using fuel flow- for example, for for 220 kias, use 2200# per side initially, then tweak to taste.

Latest resources

Back