• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

737 or Airbus 320

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
737. Since you're already typed. Hell, make it easy on yourself. BTW, I know nothing about either of those machines.

If you're typed and have significant time on the Boeing, the (il)ogic of the Airbus will drive you batty. The autoflight and flight management systems don't think the way North American airline pilots do. Lot's of little gotchas that a Boeing engineer would be fired for. The plusses: It's more roomy, quieter, cooler in summer, with better seats than the 737. If you pick the 'Bus just remember, you're never really "flying" the thing.

Thanks for the info. I have no time in the 737 and I accepted a job with United. I have also thought it might be better for the resume to have another type. However it might be easier on me in training if I went 737 because I am already typed

Look at the schedules at United. Look at the Dec bids on Skynet and see how many legs you fly a day w/ the guppy vs the airbus. 2 different types of flying. You will get to the Caribbean in the Bus, not w/ the guppy.

Good luck..

also consider where you'd like to be based. The bus is based almost everywhere while the guppy isn't in LAX or SFO.

Just remember you get a PIC type at United on either aricraft...so you might want a new type?...there will be movement on both aircraft. Bus guys are going home for a longer break after training because they are sooo busy training instructors on the 320. Just remember you are aircraft locked for 3 years, so make sure you take a aircraft that will get you to your desired hub eventually if not immediate.

Good luck to you.

Latest resources

Back