• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

737 missing over Brazil

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am in big discussion here with a pilot...so TCAS does not receive it's information from ground radar or does it?

TIS (Traffic Information Service), a 'poor man's' version of TCAS, is what you're speaking of. Unfortunately, the service for it is already starting to be phased out in many areas. More information about it can be found here: http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/air_traffic/tis.html

g

Last edited:
Atc in South America

Having flown down there on a regulars basis I can tell you ATC communications can be terrible at times. There has been times were I 've flown almost across an entire country not talking to anyone.

I have recieved clearances that are impossible to understand then the controller will spout of in spanish to another aircraft a there clearance. So basically you have no idea what other aircraft around you are doing unless you speak spanish.

I don't know how their criminal justice system works down there, (IMHO) I'd imagine it is not near lax as ours here in the states but I would think they'd either hang you or shoot you for 155 counts of manslaughter. The media cannot be helping the fate of these US pilots out by the slanted attention it is giving.

Understanding their langauge or how poor the ATC system will probably not be an excuse. Particulary, if the very system designed to help (TCAS) avoid another aircraft was disabled by the Legacy guys...if that is really what happen.

:(

Last edited:
I think it was in the paper today the Federalies down there have confisicated the both pilot's passports pending the investigation.

Nu

Understanding their langauge or how poor the ATC system will probably not be an excuse. Particulary, if the very system designed to help (TCAS) avoid another aircraft was disabled by the Legacy guys...if that is really what happen.

:(

Fly in the Caribbean.

I think it was in the paper today the Federalies down there have confisicated the both pilot's passports pending the investigation.

Nu
Federalies in Brasil? I thought they were in texas.

Latest resources

Back