• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

737 missing over Brazil

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The plane crashed nosedown attitute at 300mph. Survivors?

Also read that indians reached the place first and rescue crews must be roped down in the jungle canopy. That oughta be fun.

The Legacy was being delivered to Excel Aviation, I believe it also had the sales rep on board as well. Don't know if pilots were Embraer or Excel. Maybe Legacy Driver has more info?

I read it in article last night that the pilot was interviewed and he stated that he turned off his transponder and climbed to a higher level to gain fuel efficiency without letting ATC know.

This morning I found this article:
http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/folha/cotidiano/ult95u126570.shtml
(Translation kind of sucks, I did it myself)
Jet dissapeared from radar before colission with Gol aircraft

In no moment did Cindacta (Integrated Center of Air Defense and Air Traffic Control) in Brasilia detect the possibility of a colision, as the Legacy jet, made by Embraer, dissapeared from radar. There are different possibilities for this, such as a change of route or a failure of the electric system of the aircraft. Perhaps even a failure of one of the radars.

Jato sumiu de radar antes da colisão aérea com avião da Gol

Publicidade

da Folha de S.Paulo, em Brasília

Em nenhum momento as torres do Cindacta (Centro Integrado de Defesa Aérea e Controle do Tráfego Aéreo) em Brasília detectaram a possibilidade de colisão com o Boeing da Gol porque o jato executivo Legacy, fabricado pela Embraer, desapareceu dos radares aeronáuticos. Há diferentes possibilidades para isso. Uma é mudança de rota. Outra, pane no sistema elétrico da aeronave. Uma terceira, a falha de um dos radares.

The information above seems to support very well what the pilot claimed. If it was the pilot's fault, how much trouble could he be in?

If there are survivors, lets pray for them. Altho I would be highly skeptical. First, the plane, if it even "landed" in a controlled attitude, landed in 20 foot tree-ed rain forest, at night. There are over 20 species of ants (ants alone) in the rain forest. Along with monkeys, tigers, etc.

20 species of ants? I think ants would not be at the top of my list. I'd want to know if I can live to see an ant after crash landing into a jungle, at night, doing 200 kts.

20 species of ants? I think ants would not be at the top of my list. I'd want to know if I can live to see an ant after crash landing into a jungle, at night, doing 200 kts.

Next to ditching at sea, going down the jungle would be my last pick. The canopy is very tall and very dense, making any sort of visual ID next to impossible. The jungle is chock full of toxic insects/reptiles/critters just waiting to make a meal out of you. And jungles are usually located somewhere the SAR is, erm, less than state of the art. "Walking out" of the jungle would be very, very low on the probability scale.

Nu

Latest resources

Back