• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

737 Headset

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They provide you with a telex 850 in class. Use it for a while, get comfortable with the aircraft, the operation, notice what folks are using. Once you get off probation, make a decision about that. Either stick with the free one, or buy yourself a nice "off prob" present.

That said, depending on what aircraft you are coming from, you may find the front office a bit loud. The 737 is a loud cockpit. Folks at SW use everything from an ear spike, to Bose A20 (and everything in between).

Cheers!

I've only used the telex they gave us once...didn't like it but some people do. I used the ear spike...hated that..so loud! The UFly Mike was awesome. I now have the Clarity aloft pro. Really like it also...very light, no headband and the earplugs block a lot of noise. They all are very expensive but I would choose the clarity aloft...have also heard the Bose A20 is awesome

I'm using the Clarity Aloft Pro also. Haven't tried either of the Bose solutions (had a Bose X in the RJ years ago and found it unbearably hot in the summer). I like the CA as a TSO solution - if we didn't require TSO I'd still be using Quiet Technologies Halo though. Ear tips were much cheaper.

Bose is great but messes up my 'doo...heard CA is great but depends if you like something in your ear vs around it...

They provide you with a telex 850 in class. Use it for a while, get comfortable with the aircraft, the operation, notice what folks are using. Once you get off probation, make a decision about that. Either stick with the free one, or buy yourself a nice "off prob" present.

That said, depending on what aircraft you are coming from, you may find the front office a bit loud. The 737 is a loud cockpit. Folks at SW use everything from an ear spike, to Bose A20 (and everything in between).

Cheers!

Do that many guys not make it off probation that you should worry about buying a headset during your first year?

Do that many guys not make it off probation that you should worry about buying a headset during your first year?

Very, very few don't make it off probation. I would guess the comment has more to do with a $40 TFP raise and having a year to evaluate what will work best for you personally.

Latest resources

Back