Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Web000

Hey Guys and Gals,

I'm looking for some feedback on my African experience. I'm from La Hoya, San Diego and met my beautiful African ex-wife back in 2000 then we decided to move to Senegal (Africa) to be married and i took that opportunity to look for good flying in Africa.

To make story short, I was hired by a charter company and went through complete initial training on 737-200. After completing ground and Sim. I singed a 3 year contract to be part of their team.

I flew as an F/O all over Africa and was very happy to have my first jet job, however, they didn't make it due to financial problems and went bust by end of 2000. The good news, I gained a jet type rating with good
1- African route experience , 2- + 600 hrs. , 3- ICAO ticket with a 737 type rating but bad news i was out of a job for a while in a very difficult aviation market!!.

I've tried to get other jobs but no luck after 9/11 it was very difficult to have a flying job back home, so we decided to stay in Africa and work all types of sales jobs to make ends meet.

Now, i have a big gap for not flying for years and am not sure would it be a problem for me when applying for job with regional when i get back to San Diego??

PS. I flew some guys in their pvt. twins to keep my rust polished somehow but not often though!!!

my TT now is 1215, with 600 jet and 655 MEL and have a 4 year from ASU. in biz. administration. am 34 now....

Thank you for your time,

Web

I'm not usually the grammar or spelling police here, but, I have to ask. If you really were "from La Hoya", wouldn't you know how to spell it?

When you get back to San Diego, just go rent a C512 and get current (maybe 50 hours or so), then start applying. You shouldn't have any problem if your background is clean. Regionals are desperate and you have good hours.

English said:
I'm not usually the grammar or spelling police here, but, I have to ask. If you really were "from La Hoya", wouldn't you know how to spell it?

That was my first thought.....:eek:

Doesn't take much to figure out Web000 is a flamer, 1 post, can't spell La Jolla the town he claims he hails from, has a 737 type and says has flown it but no aircraft experience in it.

re: 737

Guys!!

You so right about misspelled "La Jolla"... sorry about that!! I'm a originally dutch and have lived in San Diego most of my life
05.gif

Anyways, my experience on 737 as SIC. is what i have right now with my TT.

I do appreciate your help and am still open for any suggestion or maybe take a shot at me
08.gif
....i do have a big heart...lol

PS. am way out-dated on regs. and all that good stuff!!! do i need to read FAR/AIM when i get back? Do i need to my 6's/T/O, landings, etc...? do i need to do that in twin?

Sorry to ask dumb questions, just i don't have an access to FAR/AIM nor any info out here in Africa!

Web

I wouldn't think that how you spelled the name of a town that you used to live in would have anything to do with your nationality or location of origin. I only lived in MI for 2 years and haven't been back for 8, but I still know how to spell Ypsilanti.

-Goose

Web000 said:
am way out-dated on regs. and all that good stuff!!! do i need to read FAR/AIM when i get back?
Web

Nope, luckily nothing has changed since 9/11. They froze the books.

Web000 said:
Sorry to ask dumb questions, just i don't have an access to FAR/AIM nor any info out here in Africa!

Web

But you have access to Flight Info!!! www.faa.gov is blocked by your government I suppose.

Web000 said:
Do i need to my 6's/T/O, landings, etc...? do i need to do that in twin?

Web

Yeah go get 6 take offs and landings in the last 6 months, as well as 3 instrument approaches in the last 90 days, and you're good to go.

Latest resources

Back