Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SMOOTHRIDE

Hello All;

It's been a while since higher power, and my study materials for the 737 don't include performance charts (mostly systems and procedures). What do the 737-300s and various NGs have for typical climb performance at gross weights and lighter (at about 20-25 deg C, Sea level)?

I tried a search but it was fruitless...

Many thanks for input!

SMOOTHRIDE said:
Hello All;

It's been a while since higher power, and my study materials for the 737 don't include performance charts (mostly systems and procedures). What do the 737-300s and various NGs have for typical climb performance at gross weights and lighter (at about 20-25 deg C, Sea level)?

Many thanks for input!

At MGW I would say 1500-2500 FPM till approx FL230-250, then about 500-1500FPM after that...

There are a lot of other factors that drive it...

The NG's are generally a lot better than the classics. The -700 is a rocket ship as it'll climb out 1500-2000 fpm full near MGW all the way to 370. If you want higher than that then you'll need to burn off some gas. The -800 does pretty good to 340 full and near MGW, but 340 is the ceiling until you burn some gas. The classics are slower with the -500 doing slightly better than the -300 only because it is lighter and has the same motors.

Cheers

Thanks plug and shields,

Do you know of a website that has 737 performance data (besides the 737 technical information UK website)?

So to summarize, it's about 1500-2500 fpm at approx. gross weights at about 70 deg. at sea level?

Thanks again for the responses, I know this is a somewhat general question, but it's just for thumbnail sketch ideas...

SMOOTHRIDE said:
Hello All;

Many thanks for input!

737-400, CFM56-3B2 Engines, Max Climb Thrust
280 KIAS/ M .74

130,000 lbs, Time/Fuel/Distance to FL 370 ~ Standard Atmosphere

25 minutes/4075 lbs./154 miles

Avg. feet per minute = 1640

Cool, You guys Rock!!!!

Many thanks my friends, that's good data!

In the 300 sim (at training weights), after liftoff, and before accel. height (prior to reducing pitch and accel for flap schedule),
the vsi seemed pretty high (maybe 3000 fpm or close to it)-- is that possible?

SMOOTHRIDE said:
Many thanks my friends, that's good data!

In the 300 sim (at training weights), after liftoff, and before accel. height (prior to reducing pitch and accel for flap schedule),
the vsi seemed pretty high (maybe 3000 fpm or close to it)-- is that possible?

Nope..about right if you are truly flying the FD.....

Latest resources

Back