Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bob_Sacamano

Hello all,

I have my 737 Type Rating scheduled next month at Aeroservices down in Miami. My training is going to be in the 737-300 sim with round dials (no EFIS).

From what I've heard, they use the Boeing flows/ limitations, etc. I've also done a thorough review of what everyone has said in the past about them, so I was thinking that I'd pick up some study materials from outside sources to supplement what I'm getting from them.

Can any of you recommend any training videos, software, books, study guides, etc. to help me prepare for my 737 training? I would HATE not being totally prepared when I get down there, and either A.) have to pay for additional training, or B.) bust a checkride.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Bob

dude,

you can buy my 737-300 study/guide book off of me... It was very helpful for me when I got my type. I don't need it anymore.... PM if interested.

b737

Hi Bob, I got my 737 type from aeroservices and the material they send you is more then adequate. Be sure to have the memory items memorized before day 1. Limitations and emergency procedures-rote memory. Have a good understanding of all major systems and be able to explain them back to examiner. Each day in class will cover several memory items so don't embarass yourself by not knowing them all by day 1.. Save your money on any purchases of other 737 material-you'll have plenty to study with what they give you and plenty for the checkride /oral exam..

Hey Bob,

I just finished my type ride at Aeroservices this past Monday. As flyboy stated, the materials they send is more than you need and if you read and study the manuals, the ground school will fill in the rest and you will have no problems. As for the FMS, I had a thorough understanding of it by the third day from just working it in the sim sessions. My instructor was great, patient, and encouraging and the ride went very well. If you want the name of my sim instructor, PM me and I will give you his name.

Swann

Thanks guys,
I've made two purchases already. I got the 737-300 systems DVD from Nolly Productions, and I think I'm going to order the 737 Cockpit Companion as well.
Thanks!

If I may make a suggestion, avoid Aeroservices and choose Higher Power Aviation in Dallas. They have an "in" with SWA.

Just my two cents.

Best of Luck. Avsoft has the best supplemental study program for your computer.

As someone who can't recommend HPA highly enough I still have to say Whale Pilot is wrong if he assumes SWA has an "in" with SWA. From everything I saw before and after arriving at SWA it makes no difference where you get a type rating in terms of getting an interview or being hired. None at all. However at HPA you will get high quality training, the staff are all saints, and finally you do get a meet and greet from a SWA people department staffer who can answer questions and address the latest rumors about hiring and the interview process at SWA.

Again I highly recommend HPA, I personally think it is the best place to get a type rating, but not because of any "in" at SWA.

Latest resources

Back