Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Big Slick

737-200 Study Guides?

Last time I posted on here, Grand Theft Auto San Andreas had just come out - please excuse my outdated avatar.

I got a 737-200 type rating back in 2000 at Jet Tech International in Phoenix. Nowadays, they are called Pan Am Flight Academy. Anyhow, I choose them over Higher Power because they had a really awesome study guide called "The Straight Word" that really spelled out what was on the oral.

A friend of mine just got his Higher Power books today and they include the standard 737-200 systems book and the ops limits/normal procedures book. They do not, however, have any good study guides.

Is there a 737-200 straight word book out there somewhere? If not, is there something better than the standard Boeing manuals? I read them back in 2000 and thought they were poor.

I don't need the SWA flashcards or unofficial FO manual. I need something to help narrow down the 737-200 material for the oral.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Maybe The Cockpit Companion Book .. Or The Cockpit Review Might Work.. They Both Have Editions That Cover Several Models Plus Differences

I don't think those books cover the -200. Nolly productions makes a systems review video for the -200. It's dry, his humor is awful, and the production values are acceptable but nothing special... i.e. you see him using his pointer on a paper diagram while he talks. It is, however, clear and accurate.
http://www.nolly.com/products/737200.html
May be what you're looking for, maybe not.

Hands down the one, the only, the best study guide out there is....................

The Cockpit Panel Notes by Bill Bulfer.

I wouldn't even look elsewhere - and no, I don't get a commission :)

Gup

I'll post the info. I carry it in my flight bag for quick reference. I'll post it tomorrow.

Gup

Big Slick said:
Last time I posted on here, Grand Theft Auto San Andreas had just come out - please excuse my outdated avatar.

I got a 737-200 type rating back in 2000 at Jet Tech International in Phoenix. Nowadays, they are called Pan Am Flight Academy. Anyhow, I choose them over Higher Power because they had a really awesome study guide called "The Straight Word" that really spelled out what was on the oral.

A friend of mine just got his Higher Power books today and they include the standard 737-200 systems book and the ops limits/normal procedures book. They do not, however, have any good study guides.

Is there a 737-200 straight word book out there somewhere? If not, is there something better than the standard Boeing manuals? I read them back in 2000 and thought they were poor.

I don't need the SWA flashcards or unofficial FO manual. I need something to help narrow down the 737-200 material for the oral.

Thanks.

if he is taking the oral at HPA then he has all he needs... he got CDs which have audio recordings of a detailed panel review of the -200, switch by switch... about an 60-90 minute recording. the audio review is word for word the oral at HPA.

Latest resources

Back