• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

727 or Lear Jet 55???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And by the way, you are not stuck ina situation, you are very lucky to have that dylema!!

Good luck whatever you go for!!

latinachick said:
i'm kinda stuck in a situation.....have an offer to start training in a boeing 727.....or stay with the company i'm at now and fly lear jets??? i was hoping that you guys that are in the majors could help with some advice.....thanks for listening!!! oh quick question....what looks better on a resume......727 time or lear jet time when i eventually apply for a major?

Take the job that gives you PIC time or some sort of supervisory experience. No one is hired by FedEx (who hires into 727 SO) for the amount of time they have on a 727, even the panel. They hire for ability to command. Hence all the low time fighter pilots, Chief Pilots, regional Captains, and Check airman types starting training at FedEx this year.

Whichever one you take, PM me with info on the opening you left behind!!! HAHA

Seriously, take the job you'd be happier at.

You know thats the problem that i'm having right now...i dont know if i want to go to the airlines or not.........i was a flight attendant for SWA.....and resigned with the intention of coming back!! i guess my goal right now is to get as much jet time as possible in florida...and move after about 5 years to my hometown of houston texas!!! anyhow...thank you guys for your feedback.....it defintely helped with my decision process....although i have not made one yet....i will on monday!!!! i do know that flying charter will be lots of fun....but i will keep ya'll updated....and tell you which one i didnt take...heheheheehhh!!! they are both in fort lauderdale, florida.

p.s. i'am very grateful for the opportunties that have come my way!! i have worked very very hard to be where i'am today!!! i'am very blessed!!

latinachick said:
You know thats the problem that i'm having right now...i dont know if i want to go to the airlines or not.........i was a flight attendant for SWA.....and resigned with the intention of coming back!! i guess my goal right now is to get as much jet time as possible in florida...and move after about 5 years to my hometown of houston texas!!! anyhow...thank you guys for your feedback.....it defintely helped with my decision process....although i have not made one yet....i will on monday!!!! i do know that flying charter will be lots of fun....but i will keep ya'll updated....and tell you which one i didnt take...heheheheehhh!!! they are both in fort lauderdale, florida.

p.s. i'am very grateful for the opportunties that have come my way!! i have worked very very hard to be where i'am today!!! i'am very blessed!!

So great to hear that:) !! Best of luck in your decision and Godspeed!!

PHXFLYR:cool:

SWA apparently doesn't care about the regs you were flying under, as long as you were PIC and they like it even better if you happened to rise to a leader ship position.

In theory that is correct, but 121 time is definetly preferable. My time was 135 PIC, but I was one of the exceptions. Most guys getting hired are 121 or military. Not saying that you won't get hired with 135 time, but it is definetely harder. If the 72 job will get you 1000 pic within a year of when you would get the learjet 1000 pic, the 72 job trumps. The extra year it might take would be well worth the wait if the end result is a job at SWA.

Latest resources

Back