• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

717's at Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm surprised it has not been discussed the chunk of change SWA is paying DAL monthly to take the planes. From the numbers I have seen, it's over 120 million yearly paid to DAL (for the 88 airframes total). DAL will be getting these planes from Boeing only after they are through a HMV and Boeing is doing all the mods and paint at a rate of 3 a month starting in the Spring of 2013 - should the TA pass.

Maybe I missed a post, but is the debate of AT pilots coming with the aircraft being kicked around again? I've heard that is NOT the case.

Growth at Delta - yes. AK was spotted on the 4th floor which means they are getting the hiring dept together for late fall or early spring - provided no more major world problems and there is a 2013.

Red,

Was that acquistion done before Bond/Mckaskill or before the recent wave of arbitrated SLIs? You know it was. About how many Airtran pilots are ahead of you on your current list? I am sure you want all of them to leave so one day in the next decade you can upgrade.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

OYS,

Just stating the facts brother. It's how it went down. Does starting at the bottom equate coming through the front door? That was the context of the question, but thanks for trying to deflect from the discussion..

Humvee,

Can't say I disagree.

I hope they negotiate at least a 15 year fo payscale (really a 20 yr scale would be more appropriate), but you're right, I don't see mgmt being in any kind of hurry going forward.

...but only if it doesn't diminish pay from years 1-12.

15 -20 yr pay scales seem to only benefit the 12+ year guys while the 5+ yr rates are diminished somewhat. If rates are increased across the board with a generous kick at the top for stagnation's sake then yes, I'd be for it. It's certainly better than topping out, considering many of us will be at yr 12 rates for nearly 8-10 long years. :(

Let's all hope for some serious growth!

Anyway, back to the mud slinging...

Carl,

It might be best to do some research about the Morris pilots before posting...

THEY ALL STARTED AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST.

How's that for arrogant? Still the truth though.

RED,

I am aware they were stapled, my post was in response to Wave saying "God forbid you earn a top tier job through the front door, competition and all". The Morris pilots were acquired so they didn't go through the normal hiring process, or the "front" door as Wave calls it. Where they started on the list doesn't change the fact they were acquired. I doubt Wave would tell a former Morris pilot they came in the "back" door because they didn't interview and face the normal competition.

My point is that for the last 12 years or so SWA was probably the toughest aviation job to get and I recognize that. However, prior to that it wasn't. Does that mean that your senior Capt's who were hired 20+ years ago weren't good enough to get a top tier job back then? Of course not, because we all know much of getting hired is timing and luck.

SWA is the most successful airline in the world, I understand AT was not in the same class when it was bought. However, I would argue that at the 17 year mark we were on track with where SWA was at 17. It seems most of those who make comments that come across as arrogant to outsiders were hired while SWA has been on top and don't have the correct historical perspective.

Look, I just want to cross the partition, drink the koolaid, work hard, and help SWA grow. I'm hopeful we can stop the infighting and come together...sooner rather than later! :)

No worries Carl. Thanks for posting what you did. I agree. Especially with you guys getting over here sooner, rather than later. It would be awesome if we could get the planes done by the end of the year as well. Wishful thinking I guess. It would be nice to have all the senergies together immediately and start working together. The more that happens, the higher our profit sharing. And that's good for everybody.

Last edited:
red,

i am aware they were stapled, my post was in response to wave saying "god forbid you earn a top tier job through the front door, competition and all". The morris pilots were acquired so they didn't go through the normal hiring process, or the "front" door as wave calls it. Where they started on the list doesn't change the fact they were acquired. I doubt wave would tell a former morris pilot they came in the "back" door because they didn't interview and face the normal competition.

My point is that for the last 12 years or so swa was probably the toughest aviation job to get and i recognize that. However, prior to that it wasn't. Does that mean that your senior capt's who were hired 20+ years ago weren't good enough to get a top tier job back then? Of course not, because we all know much of getting hired is timing and luck.

Swa is the most successful airline in the world, i understand at was not in the same class when it was bought. However, i would argue that at the 17 year mark we were on track with where swa was at 17. It seems most of those who make comments that come across as arrogant to outsiders were hired while swa has been on top and don't have the correct historical perspective.

Look, i just want to cross the partition, drink the koolaid, work hard, and help swa grow. I'm hopeful we can stop the infighting and come together...sooner rather than later! :)

+1...

I'm prevented from disclosing my source by a confidentiality agreement.

That said, we'll see in about 10 days when the actual agreement is made public. Until then, we wait...

So the DL pilots are not sure about whether or not the AT pilots come with the planes?

Latest resources

Back