• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

707 Vs DC8

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At least our Litton 92's have databases (for the moment) and you can load the whole route into them. Some airports even have lists in the Jepps of the departure/arrival Litton 92 database names; you could plug those in if your wish. Beats loading 9 at a time.

At least you don't have to do celestial.
We don't fly canned routes so the Litton's don't have enough memory to load it all. Also I can't stand when you load a waypoint that has the exact same identifier as another waypoint . It's too stupid to figure out that you want the waypoint that's 50nm from your previous waypioint and not the one that's 3000 MILES AWAY!!!!!!!! Also we can't accept RNAV DP's because it treats all waypoints as flyby as opposed to flyover or flyby as needed. Ok. rant over.

Last edited:
Sure, but 5 characters per waypoint is a lot less to enter than 13! To say nothing of the 9 waypoint restriction. On some routes even with deleting superflous waypoints you can barely stay ahead of it in today's airspace structure.

The multiple waypoint "gotcha" is entertaining! The "AN" key is just pure fun! Just keep telling yourself; "I", "O", "1", "0"!

The 92 is still much more of a stable system than the ol' Mighty Carousel IVA!

Actually BOTH the Carousel & the Litton 92 will do "fly over" waypoints. The function is called MANUAL for the Carousel & Manual Leg Switching in the 92.

Carousel Procedures: Move AUTO/MAN switch to MAN. You will now have to either select AUTO after flying over your point or do a direct to procedure to the next waypoint and re-engage AUTO. The latter is preferred as it might want to turn around on you and go back to the closest point.

Litton 92 Procedures: LEG>AN>Slew Keys>MANUAL>ENT. Now after you fly over the waypoint SELECT NEXT WPT should be displayed when the unit thinks it should start turning. Press the ENT key after flying over your point.

In both cases the units will continue on an extension of the first leg until you do your inputting.

When you coming into the terminal area and the box is sitting there irritatingly flashing "NO NEXT WAYPOINT" you can push the CLR key and that should shut it up. What I do is put the missed approach holding fix for the approach you are using as the last waypoint. In most cases that will keep it quiet.

Last edited:
Fuel panel was still in the back, I dont think they could figure out where to put the shutoff and crossfeed handles. We only had one airplane set up in the 2 man configuration, I think it was 868BX.

You may be right.It's been awhile since I last flew there. I do know that we had 2 ex-AirCanada airplanes while I was there ,868 and 867.

PHXFLYR:cool:

You may be right.It's been awhile since I last flew there. I do know that we had 2 ex-AirCanada airplanes while I was there ,868 and 867.

PHXFLYR:cool:

867, Im glad to say that the last I heard, it went to the desert. Thats one Douglas that needs to be beer cans.

867, Im glad to say that the last I heard, it went to the desert. Thats one Douglas that needs to be beer cans.

Got in late in this discussion...Sorry....

If you are talking about 867BX (former ATI 63') It is living a fulfilling life of religious freedom in Sri Lanka. Flying for EXPO Air. (Which by the way, they are looking for Current DC-8 Crews)

http://www.expoavi.com/

Got in late in this discussion...Sorry....

If you are talking about 867BX (former ATI 63') It is living a fulfilling life of religious freedom in Sri Lanka. Flying for EXPO Air. (Which by the way, they are looking for Current DC-8 Crews)

http://www.expoavi.com/

If memory serves, that airplane had 80 or 90K hrs on it and about 50K cycles back in 97. It was a promblem child.

Atleast a whole new generation gets to cuss at it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back