7 to 10 737's at FREEDUM

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mesa rocks said:
I think you hit the nail on the head. You can't beat the forces of the market (especially in todays environment) you can only hope to slow it.

What the hell has the Mesa pilot group done to slow it? If anything you've given it a giant push downhill.

Gentleman,

As a Mesa Pilot (voted no, by the way) the problem at Mesa is a total and complete lack of unity amongst the pilot group.

This is being sustained by a large number of domiciles (20+), management that has denied ALPA releases, and a need for an MEC and LEC shakeup.

Anyone with any good suggestions?

I've had enough for a lifetime......

What the hell has the Mesa pilot group done to slow it? If anything you've given it a giant push downhill.

how about stopping the persistent whip saw of the mesa pilots with all manner techniques like buying CCAir, creating freedom etc.. By securing some scope language. Gathering all of that flying under one group and one voice. Stopped the creation of a non union freedom (where no pilot would have even had the chance of a collective voice). Put hundreds of CCair pilots back to work after there jobs were threatened and eventually eliminated by the whipsaw at work.

All the while, actually "improving" a very ugly contract. Not saying it was what we all wanted, but we had a list of a million things that needed to be done. I think we did OK considering the circumstances we were in.

Of course I will expect to here about a million anonymous bashing replies from plenty of you armchair quarterbacks that think that the economics of this industry does not apply to them or their pilot group.

Last edited:
Or how about not working there.

PS: Stalin created plenty of jobs too ... in cold places. Doesn't make him an admirable businessman.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back