• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

65 year old pilot strokes out inflight!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was not referring to those with 12 years of pay being penalized. just those over 60 whatever their pay scale year.

The over 60+ age pilots still on the pay scale are the issue.
You're the one that said over 60s should be penalized for lack of productivity and that productivity went down after 12 years so I thought you were going to be fair all the way and cut the pay after 12 years. What did I miss?

Over 60 pilots are not my comrades. They are the enemy just like those that cross picket lines. They are equal in status.

You are one sick, greedy puppy. Guess what? The law has changed and it won't change back as long as the US is a member of ICAO.

That's what changed the law, not the pilot's lobbying groups.

Get a grip, man. You'll get your Captain seat soon enough. And then some young whippersnapper just like you will be pushing YOU to retire.

What goes around comes around, my friend.

You are one sick, greedy puppy. Guess what? The law has changed and it won't change back as long as the US is a member of ICAO.

That's what changed the law, not the pilot's lobbying groups.

Get a grip, man. You'll get your Captain seat soon enough. And then some young whippersnapper just like you will be pushing YOU to retire.

What goes around comes around, my friend.

You don't get it Tool Bag! It's really not about the age. What happened is guys like you campaigned for someone else's job. It was about the seniority. No one came back; No one wanted the job if it didn't include the seniority. So obviously that's all it was about. The due process of seniority progression will resume all too soon for some like yourself. The question/concern we are trying to verbalize is: Are you going to attempt the same sort of stunt again? Are you going to change your behavior and become reliable? Do we have to worry about more seniority aggression out of you? Obviously you don't want to help the profession, would it be too much to ask that you not further burden it?

It may interest you to know 2 things.

1. I didn't campaign to change the age.
2. I'm still planning on leaving at 60.

And as far as taking someone else's job...if you can't hold the left seat now, it isn't your job...yet.

It may interest you to know 2 things.

1. I didn't campaign to change the age.
2. I'm still planning on leaving at 60.

And as far as taking someone else's job...if you can't hold the left seat now, it isn't your job...yet.

If no one respects career progression under age 60, then can we expect them to under 65? Doesn't really matter what you (or I) say we'll do.

What irks me is that you make the assumption that anyone who takes a contrary position to yours actively campaigned to change the Age law. It hurt me just as much as it hurt you, my friend.

Latest resources

Back