61 of 73 new markets lose money for SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just Wwait & See-
This once again bears out the fact that whoever is on top today will be sucking hind tit tomorrow. Southwest was stupid by expanding so fast. They should have stayed the size they were.
Anyone who has taken an Economics class knows about "economies of scale" Southwest has grown beyond theirs, and they will soon be in the same boat as all the other majors unless they make some changes.
As for the guy above who claims they are spending 1.4 Billion a year on new planes-he is smoking something. No airline pays cash to own its planes outright. They pay the leasing company who actually owns the plans over a period of many years. This way they have to pay very little upfront for new wheels and they also are not exposed to so much tax as they would be if all their assets were owned before they had depreciated.
I would bet that in a few years Southwest will either have to make drastic changes and be more like they used to be in terms of route structure and size, or they will be in bankruptcy as well. Never assume that any airliine will be on top for long.

Your above post really shows your lack of intelligence in regards to swa. BTW, I know it's hard to understand, but they do pay cash for the a/c. Every, I repeat, every 700 is OWNED outright. Don't remember exactly, but I think it's only like 36 300-500's are leased.

With just one route making money for SWA I think we should fly it 3300 times a day and clean up....

Hey Mule SWA is the national sponsor for the gay pride parade in DC. Maybe next yr you can attend as the national president for the gay pilots assoc.

Your above post really shows your lack of intelligence in regards to swa. BTW, I know it's hard to understand, but they do pay cash for the a/c. Every, I repeat, every 700 is OWNED outright. Don't remember exactly, but I think it's only like 36 300-500's are leased.

I thought we leased those 2 Sahara airplanes?

Hey Mule SWA is the national sponsor for the gay pride parade in DC. Maybe next yr you can attend as the national president for the gay pilots assoc.

Are you asking me out on a date?

Sorry, but SWA/FO already beat you to it....so to speak!

Seriously though...it is pretty "gay" that these airlines have to have "special" sections of their site that cater to the alternative lifestyle folks. As a fat, balding, small man, I feel discriminated against. I'll register this website: www.southwest.com/fatbaldingsmallman.html so that I can get SWA to include me!!!

Now I know why SWA/FO likes working at SWA....it is their "friendly" culture.

mule, you done?

Nope...are you a little "Krabby" tonight?....I'll be here all week. Please tip your servers...

Now how did that taste mule?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back